Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Clonewheelfans help me decide...

ludo

16 minutes ago, Chris Towns said:

Hi,

As a legend Live owner I am looking forward to the upcoming update at the end of April to bring it more in line with the new Viscount Soul

Where have you seen or heard that it´s due at the end of April?

"This is my rig, and if you don´t like it....well, I have others!"

"Think positive...there's always something to complain about!"

21 hours ago, EricBarker said:

Love my Mojo61, though I'm temporarily retiring it to move to Nord Stage Compact because I really need a good AP and synth without hauling around my laptop rig, and this unifies all my bands with one rig. But I'm going to miss the Mojo. It's so immediate, and the Rhodes is AMAZING. I do love the look of the MAG, particularly the switches. That said, in practice, digital switches like the Mojo allow for a lot more flexibility between instrument models. The Percussion switches double as effects and octave switches for the EPianos. Physical toggles couldn't really serve that function. No, it's not as sexy, but frankly, you adjust in about 5minutes and they still feel damned good. I would describe the Mojo as being beautifully "Utilitarian". What it trades in sexiness it gains in fluid immediacy of operation.

I will say that though it has the best keybed of all, it's just a FATAR TP-80, which is shared by a number of clone wheels including Nord Electro/Stage. However, they absolutely chose the best SPRINGS to install into the bed. They're very light and the keys play exceedingly easily. Theoretically, any board with a TP-80 you can pay $50 and get the exact same set of springs as the Mojo. It's not uncommon for NS3C and Electro owners to switch them out for Mojo springs, I may do the same.

Eric, where are people getting the Mojo springs?

On 3/17/2023 at 9:41 PM, zxcvbnm098 said:

Eric, where are people getting the Mojo springs?

Oooof, I’m not sure at the moment. I saw it in a post here not too long ago about Nord keybeds being too stiff, and how to change them to the same springs as t he Mojo. There was a link to the store as well, I believe the set was around $55. But sorry, I don’t have the link on me. Someone around here knows!

Puck Funk! :)

Equipment: Laptop running lots of nerdy software, some keyboards, noise makersâ¦yada yada yadaâ¦maybe a cat?

syntaur has the springs, now whether you can specify that you want the springs that are in the Mojo is another question. you would have to communicate directly with Sam Mims (from Syntaur) on that question.

57 Hammond B3; 69 Hammond L100P; 68 Leslie 122; Kurzweil Forte7 & PC3; M-Audio Code 61; Voce V5+; Neo Vent; EV ELX112P; GSI Gemini & Burn

Delaware Dave

Exit93band

8 hours ago, niacin said:

for replacement springs read this thread, you’ll find the Syntaur item number and other useful info:

https://www.norduserforum.com/nord-electro-forum-f9/changing-return-spring-for-nord-electro-and-nsc-t20026.html

Again, they are replacement springs but whether they are the springs that are in the Mojo is another story.  In the above thread it says this:

".. They don't reveal what specific type/part number of these spring but they totally match on the holes...".  

So all we know is that they are different and reported to be less stiff.  Whether they feel like the Mojo 61 was never answered.

57 Hammond B3; 69 Hammond L100P; 68 Leslie 122; Kurzweil Forte7 & PC3; M-Audio Code 61; Voce V5+; Neo Vent; EV ELX112P; GSI Gemini & Burn

Delaware Dave

Exit93band

On 3/17/2023 at 4:22 AM, EricBarker said:

Love my Mojo61, though I'm temporarily retiring it to move to Nord Stage Compact because I really need a good AP and synth without hauling around my laptop rig, and this unifies all my bands with one rig. But I'm going to miss the Mojo. It's so immediate, and the Rhodes is AMAZING. I do love the look of the MAG, particularly the switches. That said, in practice, digital switches like the Mojo allow for a lot more flexibility between instrument models. The Percussion switches double as effects and octave switches for the EPianos. Physical toggles couldn't really serve that function. No, it's not as sexy, but frankly, you adjust in about 5minutes and they still feel damned good. I would describe the Mojo as being beautifully "Utilitarian". What it trades in sexiness it gains in fluid immediacy of operation.

I will say that though it has the best keybed of all, it's just a FATAR TP-80, which is shared by a number of clone wheels including Nord Electro/Stage. However, they absolutely chose the best SPRINGS to install into the bed. They're very light and the keys play exceedingly easily. Theoretically, any board with a TP-80 you can pay $50 and get the exact same set of springs as the Mojo. It's not uncommon for NS3C and Electro owners to switch them out for Mojo springs, I may do the same.

I did this to my NS3c and it's much easier to play organ with now. Again not sure if the springs are the same as what's put in the newer MoJo. 

Got them from Syntaur for around $50 and I believe they came from a Kurzweil PC3 model.

Paul

4 hours ago, Paul Henry said:

I did this to my NS3c and it's much easier to play organ with now. Again not sure if the springs are the same as what's put in the newer MoJo. 

Got them from Syntaur for around $50 and I believe they came from a Kurzweil PC3 model.

Paul

So far, I've been pretty happy with the NS3C keybed as it is. Yeah, it's a little heavier action than the Mojo, I felt it in my wrist after the first rehearsal. However, after playing it fairly consistently for a few weeks, I feel it less. I may eventually switch them out, but I've got bigger fish to fry at the moment (including taxes).

Equipment: Laptop running lots of nerdy software, some keyboards, noise makersâ¦yada yada yadaâ¦maybe a cat?

18 hours ago, EricBarker said:

So far, I've been pretty happy with the NS3C keybed as it is. Yeah, it's a little heavier action than the Mojo, I felt it in my wrist after the first rehearsal. However, after playing it fairly consistently for a few weeks, I feel it less. I may eventually switch them out, but I've got bigger fish to fry at the moment (including taxes).

When I purchased my PC3 a decade ago the S/W keybed (TP8) felt different.  My first thought was that the keybed wasn't going to be good for piano, organ nor synth.  After a few weeks of playing and a couple of gigs under my belt with the keybed I started adjusting to it.  Years later I now find that although it is not ideal for any of those instruments it is a pretty good compromise for all of them.  The reason it fits is because the PC3 itself has organ, synth, acoustic piano, EP's, Clav, (and a ton of other emulated instruments) all of which had distinctive keybeds and I kind of feel that the TP8 is a good compromise in order to play all those from the same keybed.  If the PC3 were an "organ only" keyboard like the Legend Live  then I would be scratching my head wondering why they didn't pick a keybed closer to a hammond feel since a Legend only does organ.  My two cents.

Delaware Dave

Exit93band

• 2 weeks later...

You’re getting the Mojo61 at an exciting time. They just launched a very nice AP update, something that’s been a thorn for years.

makes me feel a little odd, as I just spent $3000 on a Nord Stage due to the Mojos lack of AP. But it was still a good decision because I really need the synth engine for some bands.

Nordstage 4 is great but i opted for (Korg) Vox Continental 73 BK + Mojo 61.

Price of Nord Stage 4 Compact = 4300 Euro (in Belgium, Netherlands,Germany,...) 

Price of Vox Continental + Mojo 61= 2400 Euro.

I save 1900 euro for 10" Yamaha DZR, Electrovoice ETX or RCF NX...active speakers.

But i'd like to order that MAG C1 or C2 later...

Once you dial the Mojo in you wont need a Mag. I was going down the Mag route but VB3-ii is killer. Run it through a tube leslie and there isnt much better out there.

• Like 1

Delaware Dave

Exit93band