Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Roland VR-09 parts (well, just one actually)

Anyone know of a reliable source of parts for the original Roland VR-09 (not the B)? I am missing the red drawbar knob and can't find one anywhere I have looked. eBay (and Syntaur) dont have this colour and even a white one (only one in stock) will set me back around $40!!

Wondered if anyone knew of anywhere, ideally in the UK. I have reached out to a local service centre so fingers crossed.

Korg Grandstage 73, Keystage 61, Mac Mini M1, Logic Pro X (Pigments, Korg Legacy Collection, Wavestate LE, Sylenth), iPad Pro 12.9 M2 (6th gen), iPad 9th gen, Scarlett 2i2, Presonus Eris E3.5

Thanks, that’s where I got the service centre contact. Will try a few of them. Original owner is also going to check it’s not floating around the house.

Korg Grandstage 73, Keystage 61, Mac Mini M1, Logic Pro X (Pigments, Korg Legacy Collection, Wavestate LE, Sylenth), iPad Pro 12.9 M2 (6th gen), iPad 9th gen, Scarlett 2i2, Presonus Eris E3.5

The red knobs are not available. Roland ran out of them and there are no more.

Note that the newer version VR-09B does not have any of the red knobs.

Mike (worked at Roland for 32 years)

• Like 1

Mike Kent

- Chairman of MIDI 2.0 Working Group

- MIDI Association Executive Board

- Co-Author of USB Device Class Definition for MIDI Devices 1.0 and 2.0

Cheers Mike, seller in the US confirmed the same, looks like black then…

I can get a black one shipped for £18 but, ever the optimist, I hope I might find someone selling an old one for parts at some point.

2 hours ago, Delaware Dave said:

buy a white one and spray paint it red.

Fair point, I will be happy with a black one. £18 shipped is best so far

On 3/4/2023 at 2:28 PM, Delaware Dave said:

buy a white one and spray paint it red.

Well, a Spanish company had one white one left for the princely sum of 80 pence. £7 shipping but can’t grumble at that.

• Like 1