Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

OT: It was a crappy day in Chicago...

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,128625,00.html

One group of tourists in Chicago got a little too up close and personal with another touring group with the second group's bodily fluids, at least.

Chicago's First Lady, a sightseeing boat, was taking over 100 people on a tour of the city's world-famous architectural landmarks Sunday afternoon, reports the Chicago Sun-Times.

The captain warned passengers not to look up with open mouths while passing underneath the grated bridges over the Chicago River, reports the Chicago Tribune, or else they might get a "taste of Chicago."

At 1:20 p.m., the boat paused underneath the Kinzie Street bridge (search). That's when one, or maybe two, tour buses passed overhead and emptied their sewage tanks onto the boat below.

"It went onto people, into eyes and mouths," Lynn Osmond, president and CEO of the Chicago Architecture Foundation (search), told the newspaper.

Chicago's First Lady immediately went back to its dock, Osmond said. Some passengers became nauseous and ran below decks to the bathrooms.

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by daklander:

I thought all days were crappy in Chicago., regardless whether you get shit on or not. :eek:

Well, I guess it depends on the perspective. Usually it's a metaphor.... :D

"For instance" is not proof.

THey dump raw sewage into the river from busses?

Why not dump it out onto sand?

I wish to go to the windy city to see BUDDY GUY(my hero) and I know it'll be all nasty and smelly. I live amongst the pinetrees and creeks and soft hills of norf cak-a-lakky and we ain't got no bad smells.. ahahaha!

That club where buddy owns; I wanna jam there..

Thank it'll hoppen?

I do..

Frank Ranklin and the Ranktones

WARP SPEED ONLY STREAM

FRANKIE RANKLIN (Stanky Franks) <<<

I usually stay inside the boat, until we've gone under all the bridges. Just something I always did.

I think it might be because when I was a kid and we used to walk across the Chicago River bridges, we would lean over the rail and try to spit on targets. :rolleyes: I know it was nasty, but it was fun, back then.

Sly :cool:

Whasineva ehaiz, ehissgot ta be Funky!

Originally posted by arellspencer:

I wish to go to the windy city to see BUDDY GUY(my hero) and I know it'll be all nasty and smelly. That club where buddy owns; I wanna jam there...Thank it'll hoppen?

I do..

Good idea - Ratsy and I went up to Chicago and jammed in some of the clubs at the open jams - Buddy Guys has a jam that my wife got to sing in another time - very fun.

I never smelled anything funny up there though - just got blown around in between the buildings...

Don't forget to tour the old Chess Studios if they're still open you can see some cool physical concrete reverbs and swinging panel EQs from a bygone era! :wave:

Gosh, I thought they rented hooded sludge coats for a few bucks a piece. 'Round these parts you don't wanna get caught without your sludge coat. Or, at least your umbrella hat...

http://www.funfolly.com/g/hats/humb2ord.gif

This woman is smiling because she knows she's ready for a Chicago boat ride! :thu:

Super 8

Hear my stuff here

Archived