Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

NUGD - ESP LTD MH-100QMNT

The stringed-instrument collection continues to grow...this time it's an ESP LTD MH-100QMNT guitar to have an HH on hand with roundwounds/to downtune as needed. The previous owner upgraded the neck pickup it seems (not sure what the model is but it sounds fantastic) and gave me the factory ESP pickup as well plus a set of strings for a total of $215. This thing sounds sweet, especially that upgraded neck pickup.

IMG-6714.jpg

• Like 4

Yamaha: Motif XF8, MODX7, YS200, CVP-305, CLP-130, YPG-235, PSR-295, PSS-470 | Roland: Fantom 7, JV-1000

Kurzweil: PC3-76, PC4 (88) | Hammond: SK Pro 73 | Korg: Triton LE 76, N1R, X5DR | Emu: Proteus/1 | Casio: CT-370 | Novation: Launchkey 37 MK3 | Technics: WSA1R

Former: Emu Proformance Plus & Mo'Phatt, Korg Krome 61, Roland Fantom XR & JV-1010, Yamaha MX61, Behringer CAT

Assorted electric & acoustic guitars and electric basses | Roland TD-17 KVX | Alesis SamplePad Pro | Assorted organs, accordions, other instruments

On 2/27/2023 at 11:21 AM, Mighty Motif Max said:

The stringed-instrument collection continues to grow...this time it's an ESP LTD MH-100QMNT guitar to have an HH on hand with roundwounds/to downtune as needed. The previous owner upgraded the neck pickup it seems (not sure what the model is but it sounds fantastic) and gave me the factory ESP pickup as well plus a set of strings for a total of $215. This thing sounds sweet, especially that upgraded neck pickup.

IMG-6714.jpg

That's a really sharp looking axe!

Several times, I've done set-up work on ESP LTD's with the H H array. They all tended to sound a little on the thin and bright side.

Each time, I strung them with DR Pure Blues 10's or 11's, and really focused on getting the relief, action, intonation, and adjustments of the pickups 'just-right'.

Each time, their respective owners asked me if I'd swapped out the pickups for an upgrade; it was just the increase in mids and upper-mids and a 'warming' of the tone from those strings, along with the fine-tuning of the overall set-up.

And they're not even expensive as strings go! Pretty decently priced, as a matter of fact.

• Like 2

Ask yourself- What Would Ren and Stimpy Do?

~ Caevan James-Michael Miller-O'Shite ~

_ ___ _ Leprechaun, Esquire _ ___ _