Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Diphallia - abandoned Packard Clipper in damp December forest (night photo/light painting)

52704346326_286dcc9602_b.jpg

Diphallia
~~~~~
I illuminated this moss-covered vintage 1956 Packard Clipper with warm white light from a handheld ProtoMachines LED2 light while the camera's shutter was open during this long exposure night photo. This was photographed while on a trip visiting my friend Lee in Atlanta and doing night photography with Tim while checking out locations for future night photography workshops. We photographed on a damp foggy December evening in Old Car City, filled with 4000 abandoned vintage vehicles in a forest dripping from rain earlier that evening. We will be having a night photography workshop here at Old Car City in October 2023.
For photos, books, workshops and more: www.kenleephotography.com
~~~~~
(Plate 8713) Pentax K-1/28-105mm f/3.5-5.6 lens. 150 seconds f/8 ISO 400. December 2022.
~~~~~
#kenlee #nightphotography #lightpainting #YourShotPhotographer  #mojave #mylensrental #nightportraits  #astrophotography #universetoday  #astrophoto #nightsky #nightscaper #starphotography #landscape_nightscape #igsouthwest #divine_deserts #splendid_earth #instagood #beautifuldestinations #urbex #urbanexploration #georgia #oldcarcity #packard

i-SmNQNQK-X4.jpg

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks. It's just a love of doing this combined with a drive to create the greatest photos I can possibly create.

14 minutes ago, KenElevenShadows said:

Thanks. It's just a love of doing this combined with a drive to create the greatest photos I can possibly create.

I know that love, we are Artists. 

We end up tacking some form of technology along the way but that is the means, not the end goal. 

Our visions as to what is our own "greatest" are wildly divergent as well. I LOVE creating images, I'm doing a completely different thing than you are but I can still relate deeply to your work. 

I know some of us connect with some things and others with different things and that has always been true of mankind for eternity. 

Here's a thought provoking (for me anyway) quote I picked up on Instagram this AM:

"Shoutout to everyone who simply cannot work at an even, steady pace and instead vacillates between frenzied hyperworkmode and a near-catatonic state of existential dread and avoidance."

It took a chunk of my life to get here and I am still not sure where "here" is.

13 hours ago, KuruPrionz said:

I know that love, we are Artists. 

We end up tacking some form of technology along the way but that is the means, not the end goal. 

Our visions as to what is our own "greatest" are wildly divergent as well. I LOVE creating images, I'm doing a completely different thing than you are but I can still relate deeply to your work. 

I know some of us connect with some things and others with different things and that has always been true of mankind for eternity. 

Here's a thought provoking (for me anyway) quote I picked up on Instagram this AM:

"Shoutout to everyone who simply cannot work at an even, steady pace and instead vacillates between frenzied hyperworkmode and a near-catatonic state of existential dread and avoidance."

Wow, that's a great quote. And rather relatable.

9 hours ago, Lou Gehrig said:

Ken, have you seen that place on Google Earth?  It looks really spooky and weird with the cars sort of hidden in the trees like little ghosts!

I have not. I did see it on Google Maps (Satellite View) briefly. However, I was attempting to figure out the layout and when I realized that I couldn't, gave up rather quickly. I was rather single-minded that one time.

I cannot begin to emphasize how utterly fantastic this place is. I mean, unless you don't like 4000 vintage cars all overgrown in a forest.