Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Rudimentary question - cart and loading

6 hours ago, MathOfInsects said:

Yeah, that bungie-whiplash is real. 

Still, I have to wonder how that could concuss someone. Are there other details in the mix? Did he whip his head back and hit a wall or something when it happened?

Nope, no other injury -- the bungee nailed him and the Doc said the bruise/concussion was 1/2" wide and very DEEP into his skull, rather than being spread out.  It was unique to them, and they used some type of brain scan to come to that conclusion (I forget which type).

So yeah -- the "bungee whiplash" is real, and something to avoid!

Besides that risk -- to get back on topic -- I think those Velcro straps suggested by stoken6 will be more secure and less prone to allowing a load to shift.

Old No7

Yamaha MODX6 * Hammond SK Pro 73 * Roland Fantom-08 * Crumar Mojo Pedals * Mackie Thump 12As * Tascam DP-24SD * JBL 305 MkIIs

Here's my R&R cart with their (moderatly PIA) shelf installed. There's just enough room to slide my Kurz PC3 in its soft case and an X-stand underneath, leaving the shelf free to hold a couple of Alto powered speakers and a couple of bags containing cables, music, small mixer. music, etc. Not as top heavy as you'd think, and usually bungee-free unless I'm crossing open ground. The shelf takes 5-10 minutes to attach & take off on its own, so there's a tradeoff as to whether it'd be quicker to just make 2 trips for a short haul. 

IMG_1537 (1).JPG

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Werno said:

There's just enough room to slide my Kurz PC3 in its soft case

Is Calzone still doing soft cases ? I had a few of their cases back in the day (M1, PC1, PC88) and they were great. I see on their site it's mostly Anvil type.

I can understand why  eggs are historically over-priced right now, but not sure why soft shell cases have risen almost 50-60 % 

Chris Corso

www.chriscorso.org

Lots of stuff.

Magliner Gemini convertible cart/dolly with stair climber option.

Not cheap but well worth the money.  Load capacity 1000lbs, more than I will ever need.  I wish I had bought one YEARS ago, I almost always use it in dolly mode.  I can carry a stage setup in one trip from the pickup.

I don't normally carry this much gear; this isn't a gig this is AHMW an annual synthesizer enthusiast get-together.  Vintage Moogs and Oberheims in those cases.

magliner-cart-2019-ahmw.jpg

• Cool 1

That magliner is a monster. We had it at work and yeah it's next level. But I would hope at my age I would never have to carry that much load. But good for you to be able to handle that!

Korg Kronos, Roland RD-88, Korg Kross, JP8000, MS2000, Sequential Pro One, Micromoog, Yamaha VL1, author of unrealBook for iPad.

• 2 weeks later...

I think this is going to be a success...

IMG_0519.thumb.JPG.57df46dc1a49b23c0f4507429d998c7f.JPG

IMG_1069.thumb.JPG.e7550681e71d48734fab29784ffc6df2.JPG

IMG_1072.thumb.JPG.86aa92ab08dc10e70287afecf18c176f.JPG

Bottom has two keyboards (76 and 61 in this case), Bose column, a bag and maybe a mic/speaker stand. Top has the Bose bottom, powered PA cab, more bags, and 2-tier keyboard stand.  (The powered PA cab is my keyboard amp, the Bose is the band's PA which is only for vocals.)

Maybe this is the best place for a shameless plug! Our now not-so-new new video at https://youtu.be/3ZRC3b4p4EI is a 40 minute adaptation of T. S. Eliot's "Prufrock" - check it out! And hopefully I'll have something new here this year. ;-)