Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Sunset this evening

15 minutes ago, Lou Gehrig said:

I like!

I'm always amazed by how well phone cameras handle tricky lighting like this; well, at least the phone my employer gives me does!  

I need to get a polarizer from my camera goodie stash and put it in my camera bag. Then I need to walk down to the edge of the water and take a photo on a tripod at low ISO without any telephone wires. 

But, I don't. I just go up the stairs with my phone and pop one off. Here's another one from the same widow, much later in the day (and a different day!).IMG_20220618_221417.thumb.jpg.714e25e69258f44620d29726c40682fc.jpg

It took a chunk of my life to get here and I am still not sure where "here" is.

One of my college photography instructors used to say "The best camera is the one you have with you." and I used to carry around a folding Voigtlander camera with a good lens - 35mm. Bigger than a cell phone (but not back then!!!) but still pocket size. 

I like my phone camera, takes a better photo than I would expect. 

It took a chunk of my life to get here and I am still not sure where "here" is.

Because mobile phones have increasingly fast processors, they're able to implement algorithms or machine learning-assisted to process the photos. This is increasingly common (and another reason I always chuckle when someone is frightened by using AI...well, they're already using it!). 

Anyway, yeah, these photos above look great. I am seeing people taking photos of the Milky Way with mobile phones too. For photography, we live in an amazing world.

• Like 1