Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

New Gear Predictions for 2023??

jeffincltnc

21 hours ago, drawback said:

There was speculation here that CK could stand for "Controller Keyboard." That I'd like to see...

Yamaha has always supported MIDI standards, so this could be the year for MIDI 2.0. Maybe "controller keyboard" includes MPE with an MPE-compatible synth to go along with it? An MPE AN-X engine?

Another suggested meaning for "CK" is "Classic Keyboards". I do believe we will see the "CK" reveal in '23.

All the best -- pj

• Like 2

In 2023 I think there may be a possibility that I receive the MAG P-2 organ I ordered back in 2021!!!

That, and I think we'll see an Oberheim module - maybe even a "Take 5" style cut down version. Not exactly a daring prediction, but I DO want that module!!

4 hours ago, pjd said:

Yamaha has always supported MIDI standards, so this could be the year for MIDI 2.0. Maybe "controller keyboard" includes MPE with an MPE-compatible synth to go along with it? An MPE AN-X engine?

I'm thinking along the lines that Yamaha has finally come out with a keyboard/interface that has great controller potential: the YC series. They have all the controls there – strip out the sound engines, knock the prices down by at least 50% and they can own the controller market.

Here for the gear.

Kurzweil, please give us a K2700 61 synth keys model...

Kurzweil K2661 + full options,iMac 27",Mac book white,Apogee Element 24 + Duet,Genelec 8030A,Strymon Lex + Flint,Hohner Pianet T,Radial Key-Largo,Kawai K5000W,Moog Minitaur,Yamaha Reface YC + CP, iPad 9th Gen,Arturia Beatstep + V Collection 9,Osmose

https://antonisadelfidis.bandcamp.com

I predict that this year the we will see the first serious damage from the coming "Update crisis" for non professional musicians: the time needed to update the OS, application software, sound libraries and equipment firmware every time we switch on our home studio will surpass the time that we have available for making music.

Professional, that have more time available, will be less affected, but will also be in serious danger in a couple of years. Even later, the whole digital civilization will be put to a stop by the update crisis, and we will happily go back to play things like acoustic pianos, melodicas and even accordions.

Maurizio

Nord Wave 2, Nord Electro 6D 61,, Rameau upright,  Hammond Pro44H Melodica.

Too many Arturia, NI and AAS plugins

http://www.barbogio.org/

https://barbogio.bandcamp.com/follow_me

Based on last year's Akai MPC 61 Keyboard splash, it is likely 2023 will bring scaled-up and scaled-down versions to expand this product category.

Not a prediction, but a hope that the Behringer UB-Xa will be in abundance this year.

Steve Coscia

On 1/4/2023 at 8:10 PM, synthdogg said:

In 2023 I think there may be a possibility that I receive the MAG P-2 organ I ordered back in 2021

About two months ago I inquired about a Mag organ.  Max's reply is delivery was about 6+ months due to component shortages.  So to hear from you that a 2021 order hasn't been delivered yet tells me 6+ months for me is probably a pipe dream.

57 Hammond B3; 69 Hammond L100P; 68 Leslie 122; Kurzweil Forte7 & PC3; M-Audio Code 61; Voce V5+; Neo Vent; EV ELX112P; GSI Gemini & Burn

Delaware Dave

Exit93band

9 hours ago, Delaware Dave said:

About two months ago I inquired about a Mag organ.  Max's reply is delivery was about 6+ months due to component shortages.  So to hear from you that a 2021 order hasn't been delivered yet tells me 6+ months for me is probably a pipe dream.

Maybe, but I know that the timing of my order hit a kind of perfect storm. Orders started increasing for Max at the same time that supplies became scarce. Max has been super communicative through the whole process, and it sounds like he started catching up once supplies started becoming more available again. I definitely ordered at the worst time, but it's possible that they'e got things moving forward once again. Not sure if Mitch Towne could give any further input for you, it may warrant it's own thread.