Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

My new favorite keyboard rig tour

Farfisakid

Love the set up and sound of this live rig and decided to share. Especially the Yamaha C7. It reminds me of the one I was fortunate enough to spend some time on at Metalworks Studio in Mississauga a few years back. (Shout out to all Triumph fans) My only complaint is that he should have played it longer at the end 🙂 Apologies if this has been posted already in another Keyboard rig thread ...

• Like 5
  • Wow! 1

Awesome video… Love Page and Phish!  Now I am jonesing for a Moog One!

• Like 1

'55 and '59 B3's; Leslies 147, 122, 21H; MODX 7+; NUMA Piano X 88; Motif XS7; Mellotrons M300 and M400’s; Wurlitzer 206; Gibson G101; Vox Continental; Mojo 61; Launchkey 88 Mk III; Korg Module; B3X; Model D6; Moog Model D

Check out at 6:00 when he demonstrates controlling the Nord Hammond sounds via midi from his Moog One so that he doesn't need to reach all the way over to his actual B3/Leslie when he's also playing the grand piano. Must be nice to have that kind of budget and roadie team!

I'd love to hear a blind test of the Nord organ vs the real B3 in their mix, which shouldn't be too hard with the 1000000 hours of phish footage on YouTube.

22 minutes ago, Dave Number Four said:

I'd love to hear a blind test of the Nord organ vs the real B3 in their mix, which shouldn't be too hard with the 1000000 hours of phish footage on YouTube.

Check youtube, there's about 10000 videos of comparison

57 Hammond B3; 69 Hammond L100P; 68 Leslie 122; Kurzweil Forte7 & PC3; M-Audio Code 61; Voce V5+; Neo Vent; EV ELX112P; GSI Gemini & Burn

Delaware Dave

Exit93band

Very cool to see this -- I think the last video they did about Page's rig was from 2016 or so? Great to hear him address how it evolves (I still can't fathom having a B3 onstage and only being able to play it with your back to the audience, but clearly he's been digging hard enough into the Wurli and the Moog One to justify them replacing the organ to his immediate left). 

Tell you what, I'd play the gig with half as many keyboards for half the money! 🤣

• Like 1

Samuel B. Lupowitz

Musician. Songwriter. Food Enthusiast. Bad Pun Aficionado.

Super cool video - nice in depth walkthrough of each instrument. I haven't really kept up with Phish so well over the years after getting their earliest albums. I've always thought Page was a great keyboardist and am impressed by the rig for sure!

• Like 1

That 7’ Yamaha grand is pretty damn impressive. If you can afford that, you can afford a Moog One. 

• Like 1

'55 and '59 B3's; Leslies 147, 122, 21H; MODX 7+; NUMA Piano X 88; Motif XS7; Mellotrons M300 and M400’s; Wurlitzer 206; Gibson G101; Vox Continental; Mojo 61; Launchkey 88 Mk III; Korg Module; B3X; Model D6; Moog Model D

8 minutes ago, HammondDave said:

That 7’ Yamaha grand is pretty damn impressive. If you can afford that, you can afford a Moog One. 

I'm sure with the revenue these guys generate from concerts, that piece of business expense is a tiny blip to the bottom line.

• Like 1

J  a  z  z   P i a n o 8 8

--

Yamaha C7D

Montage M8x | CP300 | CP4 | SK1-73 | OB6 | Seven

K8.2 | 3300 | CPSv.3

7 minutes ago, JazzPiano88 said:

I'm sure with the revenue these guys generate from concerts, that piece of business expense is a tiny blip to the bottom line.

No doubt. I wonder what the terms were when Emerson took the GX-1 on tour? That touring agreement must have been as thick as "War & Peace." Insurance is often an invention of the classic Devil. Being on KC, I also wonder where some of the famous touring keys really wound up. There's the rare blessing of EMEAPP, but there are also home studios with synths autographed by all sorts of name players. Even so, it takes major balls to tour with a Moog One. I'm impressed.

"Well, the 60s were fun, but now I'm payin' for it."
        ~ Stan Lee, "Ant-Man and the Wasp"