Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Ravenscroft for iOS?

Polkahero

I just found out there's an iOS version of Ravenscroft which everybody seems to "rave" about (haha) at least the full VST version.  Anyone on here use the iOS version and how it compares?

'57 Hammond B-3, '60 Hammond A100, Leslie 251, Leslie 330, Leslie 770, Leslie 145, Hammond PR-40

Trek II UC-1A

Alesis QSR

I use it on my ipad 9th gen and it runs smoothly. I use it mostly through AUM where i do all my channeling etc. When i run it from my Yamaha silent piano, it really works nice. 

Be grateful for what you've got - a Nord, a laptop and two hands

47 minutes ago, hrestov said:

I have it, bought at half price. Not a huge fan… I don’t have the pc version, only iPad. In comparison with my cp73 I prefer the Cp by far. 

When you evaluated Ravenscroft on the iPad, what board were you playing it from? The CP73? And did you try a variety of its presets?

IIRC, at least one technical advantage of Ravenscroft over the CP73's own pianos is the implementation of sympathetic resonances (e.g. what happens when you hold a chord with your left hand and play a melody with your right, without using the sustain pedal). But that may not necessarily be significant in your usage anyway.

Maybe this is the best place for a shameless plug! Our now not-so-new new video at https://youtu.be/3ZRC3b4p4EI is a 40 minute adaptation of T. S. Eliot's "Prufrock" - check it out! And hopefully I'll have something new here this year. ;-)

10 minutes ago, AnotherScott said:

When you evaluated Ravenscroft on the iPad, what board were you playing it from? The CP73? And did you try a variety of its presets?

IIRC, at least one technical advantage of Ravenscroft over the CP73's own pianos is the implementation of sympathetic resonances (e.g. what happens when you hold a chord with your left hand and play a melody with your right, without using the sustain pedal). But that may not necessarily be significant in your usage anyway.

I use Revencroft with Cp73 and alternate from Internal Cfx to external Ravenscroft. I don’t remind If I try various preset, but I use we to adjust sound. But Ravenscroft is inconsistent for live use,  like most vst. 
I tried with live speakers, not headphones or monitors.