Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Piano action midi controllers for studio?

Tusker

11 minutes ago, Steve Nathan said:

Curious why no one seems to talk about the Studiologic SL88 Grand.  I don't think it has much in the way of controllers either, but the Fatar action appears to have many fans.  Am I missing something bad about it?

I have one (I had the SL88 Studio previously), and I really like the SL88 Grand. Repetitions are a bit tough on it, but not many weighted controllers do those exceptionally well.

i mentioned it earlier but it didn't seem to get any love. yamaha kx88. old as hell (1980's??) and heavy heavy heavy (did i mention heavy?), but once its in the studio, you never move it, so who cares?  because they're so heavy (and old), they are out there for cheap used. mine was a 100 bucks.

spacer.png

On 11/24/2022 at 5:06 PM, EB5AGV said:

Hope this helps!

It sure does EB5AGV. A very space efficient writing rig. 😎 It address one of my major concerns and questions about the VPC1.  I was imagining myself cutting foam in a curve and your rear rubber bumpers neatly address that concern.

This is very welcome news. Thank you so much. 👍

8 hours ago, D. Gauss said:

i mentioned it earlier but it didn't seem to get any love. yamaha kx88. old as hell (1980's??) and heavy heavy heavy (did i mention heavy?), but once its in the studio, you never move it, so who cares?  because they're so heavy (and old), they are out there for cheap used.

A friend of mine has one. He loves it and I have played many a tune on it. His action has been beaten up though, so it has some eccentric notes. It's even more eccentric than my gently used S90ES, lol. Not opposed to buying a used keyboard but would want to try the keybed out, maybe with the help of a midi monitor. Thanks D.