Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Red Piano Shell Cable Management

EscapeRocks

You know me, I can't sit still.

I decided to get out the old hole saw and new desk grommet to feed cables down inside the shell

This shell is solid!   Took a bit to get a brand new 2"hole saw all the way thru

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Audio Snake when not using a pure controller

spacer.png

When using the Keylab up top

spacer.png

I have not finalized the snake.  This is just for fitment and seeing how I wanted to route things.

The snake will run down the back leg, at the base of which will be my DI, and then cables flat to my pedals.

spacer.png

spacer.png

I am not using that old M-Audio interface.  

Also, there will be just one power cord running up in the snake.  I have a power strip mounted at the inside back of the shell.  Keyboard, in -ear mixer, Mac power supply, all plug into that.

Eventually there will be a 1.5" hole/grommet on the right side for the USB cables to feed down to the inside.

Debut Nov 19.   I'll have gig pics then

Peace

• Like 8
  • Love 1

David

Gig Rig:Roland Fantom 08 | Roland Jupiter 80

You assume I haven’t thought of that 🤔 😎

Seriously  tho, that is a great idea.

I have two in making so I have one sized for either my MODX or Keylab.
Extremely easy.  Just simple 2” by 2” wood.
I don’t want or need any more rake than that 

David

Looking good!

Not something I need but Dad was a master cabinet maker and his son became a bit of a luthier and cabinet improviser.

I know good work when I see it, that's a really nice cabinet and very functional as well as stylish. Kudos!!!

• Like 1
It took a chunk of my life to get here and I am still not sure where "here" is.

12 hours ago, KuruPrionz said:

Looking good!

Not something I need but Dad was a master cabinet maker and his son became a bit of a luthier and cabinet improviser.

I know good work when I see it, that's a really nice cabinet and very functional as well as stylish. Kudos!!!

Thank you.

I am by no means a word worker in the sense of being able to create something like this shell.   I left the basics to the pros.   Sure, I can cut and shape the top and bottom, but I would be lost trying to form the smooth curved backside.

David

1 minute ago, EscapeRocks said:

Thank you.

I am by no means a word worker in the sense of being able to create something like this shell.   I left the basics to the pros.   Sure, I can cut and shape the top and bottom, but I would be lost trying to form the smooth curved backside.

You're welcome.

That's just a matter of tools and jigs. CNC would be the ultimate convenience but way too expensive for an occasional project. 

Be different if you were making and selling dozens of an item like this cabinet. 

A plywood jig is doable if you have a few decent tools, cut outside the line and finish up the curves with a table mounted drum sander (or even a handheld type belt sander mounted firmly to a flat surface). Little by little wins the race. Make a good jig, use it to cut the shape with a decent handheld router and an excellent bit and you're in business. Multiple shallow cuts will always turn out better than trying to get it done in one pass. 

I'm done with woodcraft at this point. I don't have a shop and am not interested in creating sawdust any more. I just want to play music and record!

That said, I will take the time to scallop a guitar fretboard or other bits and dabs like that. Much can be done with rasps, files, chisels and sandpaper if you plan well to start. 

• Like 1
It took a chunk of my life to get here and I am still not sure where "here" is.