Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

RIP Don Lewis - LEO man, DX7 preset programmer, TR-808 consultant, etc.

Don's VP-550 piece is the only answer to what a vocoder is for. After that, none of the robot glop has the same impact. :pop:

Anyone notice the spiritual Venn point between LEO and TONTO? Maybe its the fistful of Oberheim SEMs. I'd be spooked to mount that gear in plexiglas, which is a nightmare if it fractures. I'm sorry to hear of Don's passing, but its not as if he didn't make a meaningful impact and then some. His work with all of those greats, DX7 voicing, TR-808 involvement, wild solo shows and personal graciousness make for a sterling legacy. What a class act. :2thu:

• Like 1

Absurdity, n. A statement or belief manifestly inconsistent with one's own opinion.
    ~ "The Devil's Dictionary," Ambrose Bierce

Bumping this because Don Lewis deserves to be higher on the board than the dude with the accordiadore. 

I revisit the Swing Low video every so often when I need a lift. Today it made my eyes well up. Godspeed, Don.

• Like 1