Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

GForce Oddity 3

https://www.gforcesoftware.com/products/oddity3/

… with a reasonable upgrade charge from Oddity 2. 

It’s still a bit weird to look at, but you can squeeze lovely sounds out of it.  The sorely needed UI update — resizable! — works really well on my touchscreen monitor. 

Makes me wonder if a similar spec bump to impOscar may be in the works.

Demo available.

-John

I make software noises.

The GForce Oddity caught my attention on my YouTube feed last night. I’m an original ARP Oddysey owner from ‘73, and currently have the Korg software version which is very nice and polyphonic. This GForce Oddity unit seem to take things to a whole nother level.  Will definitely check it out.

Strangely, I received an upgrade offer today, even though I sold all my G-Force products a few years ago.

This seems to fall in line with RABid's experience, that the less loyalty you show, the greater the discount. 🙂

Not meant to be a rag on the vendor, who are great (I simply moved away from soft synths for the most part).

I empathize with their load-balancing act between development, evolving platform support, and customer support.

I don't know an audio company on the planet that isn't trying to do a whole lot with extremely limited resources.

And for that reason, I was kind of shocked to see a Version 3 of Oddity coming on-line, as Version 2 seems recent.

Eugenio Upright, 60th Anniversary P-Bass, USA Geddy Lee J-Bass, Yamaha BBP35, D'angelico SS Bari, EXL1,

Select Strat, 70th Anniversary Esquire, LP 57, Eastman T486, T64, Ibanez PM2, Hammond XK4, Moog Voyager

6 hours ago, Doerfler said:

I don't see an upgrade path (been a long day) from 2 to 3. Only see an opportunity to purchase 3 for US $49.00.

Looks more like a new synth program rather than an upgrade maybe ? :idk:

Login first, then add it to your basket and go to Checkout.  You’ll see the discount applied.

I make software noises.

What price are you seeing Dave? I have Oddity 2. I am logged in and I am seeing a checkout price of 49 pounds. (not dollars) even though I live in New England.

Did you add a coupon code or was a discount automatically applied?

55 minutes ago, Tusker said:

What price are you seeing Dave? I have Oddity 2. I am logged in and I am seeing a checkout price of 49 pounds. (not dollars) even though I live in New England.

Did you add a coupon code or was a discount automatically applied?

Upgrade price from 2 to 3 is  GB Pound 25.00, Jerry. Pounds get converted to Dollars at checkout. Make sure you are logged in and scroll to the bottom of the page.

Discount automatically applied. Currently US $1.12 buys 1 GB Pound. Total US price should be less than US $30.00

• Thanks 1
:nopity:

10 hours ago, Doerfler said:

Looks more like a new synth program rather than an upgrade maybe ? :idk:

Just purchased. It is a new program ,different from Oddity 2. Seperate install, different GUI.

Loved 2 , really looking forward to this. :thu:

Just ordered it and the Imposcar update. I was on version 1 off most everything they had a few years ago. It was a bit strange that the version 1 to 2 update was listed as 99 and no mention that I saw of upgrading to 3. Was expecting to pay 49 for it which was still a good price. Happily surprised to find a discount in my cart.

This post edited for speling.

My Sweetwater Gear Exchange Page

I was just about to post back that impOscar 2 is now heavily discounted at 30gbp.  

I’ve had it for a few months and it sounds lovely.

Hoping this gets the revamped gui, patch browser, etc that oddity got. 

-John

I make software noises.

This is an excellent upgrade. I'm a big M-Tron adherent and I like the company a lot. I'm still mildly butthurt that Minimonsta won't run on my particular Mac. I took up Cherry Audio's Memorymode as a consolation prize and I'm happy with it, but G-Force missed me by just a few inches. Okay, no harm, that's the market at times. Maybe the Odyssey simply grabs European ears more completely, Ultravox style. It would make sense for a British company. 

I'm commenting because I've never owned an ARP anything. I could've had an orange Odyssey & Sequencer at a steal, but I passed. The base sound has escaped me as a thing of wonder and hey, I saw Herbie play a ring of ARPs live during the Headhunters era. If THAT wasn't going to do the trick....! 😁

I've had mostly Korg keys, but also 3 Moogs, 3 or 4 Rolands, 2 Prophets and assorted modules, etc. No ARPs. I wonder why. Its purely subjective, especially with synths of all kinds flying around like a mass of mosquitoes, but I should have had at least one. I knew a serious hippie girl who possessed a Pro Soloist, but it looked as if it had run with the bulls at Pamplona. :eek:

I told Hazel about my youth as a djinn, of how we used to eavesdrop on the angels
  and how they would throw comets at us if they spied us listening.
        ~ Neil Gaiman, "Trigger Warnings"

On 11/3/2022 at 10:33 AM, Doerfler said:

Upgrade price from 2 to 3 is  GB Pound 25.00, Jerry. Pounds get converted to Dollars at checkout. Make sure you are logged in and scroll to the bottom of the page.

Discount automatically applied. Currently US $1.12 buys 1 GB Pound. Total US price should be less than US $30.00

PayPal/AMX conversion ended up at US$ 28.82.

Got to finally audition this late last night. Love it. Had Version 2 and Version 3 open side by side.

V3 seems much nastier, in a good way, at first listen. :2thu:

• Like 1

On 11/4/2022 at 3:49 PM, RABid said:

Arp is a bit like the Nord Leads. The synth of choice when you need to cut through a wall of guitars. If you are the least bit interested in modular I suggest the Behringer 2600. 

The only wall of import in my case would be the one I sometimes have to work through in my head. :wall:

For me, a modular synth would mainly be a night light. I've been too much of a keyboard player to sit at one like an old-school phone operator, strangling in cords. Do I get it? Technically, you bet, having seen both Keith and the Tubes' Michael Cotten. (TWO 2600s, no less.) I simply have an immutable giant piano in my head, front & center.

I've been a slab synth polygamist for ages and I'll stop being one when you pry my DAW out of my cold, dead hands. 🤪

I told Hazel about my youth as a djinn, of how we used to eavesdrop on the angels
  and how they would throw comets at us if they spied us listening.
        ~ Neil Gaiman, "Trigger Warnings"