Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

keyboard tilting unit

lsj

I just purchased an access virus ti2 61 note synth,  dimmensions are 40" wide by 15" deep, and weighs 30 lbs.  right now I have it sitting on a rather high cabinet in my music room.  I still will be able to sit and play the synth at it's present height.  I am looking for some kind of unit that will tilt the synth (back of the synth) higher so I will be able to read the  knobs and display easier.  I don't want anything that will raise the entire synth higher needing me to stand and play.   anyone's advice and help will be greatly appreciated. 

How high do you want to raise the back of the keyboard?  What about a couple of rubber door stops?  

Nord Stage 3 HA88, Nord Stage 3 Compact, Casio CT-S1, Radial Key Largo, Westone AM Pro 30, Rolls PM55P, K&M 18880 + 18881, Bose S1 Pro, JBL 305p MKII, Zoom Q2n-4K

I would make something out of wood that'll provide the required height, angle and that holds it firmly in place. Simple afternoon project if you're a DIY'er. (Easy for me to say though...I typically just build whatever I need....cases, racks, console desks, stands, etc.) 

• Like 1

Seconding/thirding/fourthing the "basically anything that raises the back of it." But you might look into some of those simple desktop laptop stands if you want prefab.

Personally I'd recommend setting up at the proper height though; eventually the PITA of having it just slightly too high to really work is going to keep you from playing it.

Now out! "Mind the Gap," a 24-song album of new material.
www.joshweinstein.com