Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

New string.

surfergirl

Wow, those are bold colors! The last time I saw colors that strong was on a Mexican Vihuela. I usually only see color for microfiber and nylon strings.

• Like 1

Eugenio Upright, 60th Anniversary P-Bass, USA Geddy Lee J-Bass, Yamaha BBP35, D'angelico SS Bari, EXL1,

Select Strat, 70th Anniversary Esquire, LP 57, Eastman T486, T64, Ibanez PM2, Hammond XK4, Moog Voyager

SurferGirl, It's always fun to try new strings and with any luck, you'll land on a set you really like.  Those DR colors look pretty cool!  I have finally found some new strings made by Magma that I really like and have loaded them up on both of my acoustics and on 4 electrics so far.  Hope you have a similar experience.  I've heard good comments by Caevan over the years on the DR Pure Blues strings. Let us know how you like them on your Strat?  Looking forward to your review after you have played the new DR set for a while.  I would like to know if the coating lasts if you are using a pick? 😎

• Like 2
Take care, Larryz

Those are fun colors!!!!😃

I've used D'Addario strings for many years and don't feel like I have any reason to switch. The Players Circle program has worked out great for me, lots of sets of strings from the points I've earned. They've also sent me free sets to try out if I fill out a simple survey, I like that. 

I tend to put strings on a guitar and they stay there for a LONG time. I don't really like the sound of new strings, dead strings because dirty and old are more my thing. 

• Like 4
It took a chunk of my life to get here and I am still not sure where "here" is.

@surfergirl - I've seen those sets in the "Sale" bin at my FLMS, but haven't tried them yet. I'm curious about them because I use the DR Pure Blues on all my solid body Electrics. Let us know how those work out.

• Like 3

"Monsters are real, and Ghosts are real too. They live inside us, and sometimes, they win." Stephen King

http://www.novparolo.com

https://thewinstonpsmithproject.bandcamp.com

On 9/17/2022 at 12:57 PM, surfergirl said:

Thought I would try these just for the heck of it. DR Neon, I'm using DR Pure Blues on my Strat.

20220917_093154.thumb.jpg.eaf2298d32681f400d60520e810f5b38.jpg

On 9/17/2022 at 2:48 PM, Larryz said:

I've heard good comments by Caevan over the years on the DR Pure Blues strings. Let us know how you like them on your Strat?  Looking forward to your review after you have played the new DR set for a while. 😎

7 hours ago, Winston Psmith said:

@surfergirl - I've seen those sets in the "Sale" bin at my FLMS, but haven't tried them yet. I'm curious about them because I use the DR Pure Blues on all my solid body Electrics. Let us know how those work out.

I liked the appearance of some of DR's blue strings- Peacock Blue, I think they called them?- but since they had the 'more usual' hexagonal-core wire and- I think- nickel-plated steel winding (as opposed to the round-core and solid/pure nickel wrap of the Pure Blues), I passed on their colored and coated strings.

It's just that I found what I really, REALLY like in the round-core, compression-wound, solid nickel strings! Some of my favorite strings from other makers happen to share those design and material details, as well.

• Like 3

Ask yourself- What Would Ren and Stimpy Do?

~ Caevan James-Michael Miller-O'Shite ~

_ ___ _ Leprechaun, Esquire _ ___ _

How long do those Pure Blues and DR Neon strings last? My D'Addareo XL 110's last for several years in Arizona with the very low humidity here. I play my three guitars at least one hour daily and rotate the guitars on the succeeding days. And when I do change the strings they sound the same as the ones I just took off. So could those DR strings equal that. How tough is the coating?

• Like 2