Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Epicurious and Bon Appetit have gone over to the dark side :(

I just discovered that one of my favorite recipe resources - epicurious.com - has converted to a paid subscription service. Bummer! I guess I haven't missed it much though since they installed the paywall back in February and I just noticed it this morning. BTW they dragged all of Bon Appetit's recipes behind the PW too.😠

• Dislike 2

Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.

-Mark Twain

I’ve been a subscriber to America’s Test Kitchen’s family of websites, as well as their Cook’s Illustrated magazine.

However, many clips from the show are available without paying.  I was just watching a video for cooking shrimp risotto earlier today on their website that was not behind a paywall. They also have a YouTube channel.  As I was posting this, I found their YT clip in Kimchi Bokkeumbap- that’s from an episode I recorded awhile back, and was just posted 15 hours ago.

• Like 1

Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: âNinety percent of everything is crapâ

My FLMS- Murphy's Music in Irving, Tx

http://murphysmusictx.com/

• 3 months later...

Well, at least all the recipe sites haven't disappeared. I was thinking about making a Bouillabaisse this weekend and came across this site and had to share. It is a cornucopia of mouth-watering seafood recipes - cioppino, paella etc. If you scroll down below the initial recipe you'll see what I mean. 

Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.

-Mark Twain

I used to really like America's Test Kitchen but now they are dead to me. I don't mind paywall sites if they are upfront about it, but when the buttons say "Get free access" and they will not tell you there is a cost until after you create an account and give them your name and email address... Luckily I am jaded enough to Google "how much does xxxx cost" before submitting any information. $40 a year is not bad, but there is a lot of competition for my entertainment and subscription dollars. Spend $40 a year on cook books and you will quickly have a nice collection. In fact, I already have a nice cookbook collection and have been giving a lot of them away to family.

This post edited for speling.

My Sweetwater Gear Exchange Page