Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Mind Blown - The Analogues

JamPro

I watched this last night and I was totally blown away.  Just amazing.

Apparently, they have done live performances of the entire White Album, and Abbey Road as well.  How is it I have never heard this before?

Also - gear spotting!!  Name those keyboards!

• Love 2

They have been discussed in the past, and yes, they are insanely amazing.

There are some YouTube videos of one of the guys (who plays many of the vintage keyboards as well as bass) talking about their acquisition of almost all of the original instruments used in their performances that the Beatles used. I think it's in Dutch with subtitles but I haven't seen in a while. Between these guys and Will Lee's group you've got the most amazing, dedicated and talented people doing ridiculously accurate performances. 

• Like 1

Recently I was on vacation In Cleveland. 

I was in a house of worship there (a synagogue) when I noticed that one of the people I had been talking to was wearing an Analogues t-shirt. 

He was absolutely astonished that I knew what (or rather who) the Analogues are, and that I’m a huge fan. He had actually booked flights and a hotel to Europe to see them live, but the show was cancelled. 

The Analogues are truly awesome musicians who go where no one has gone before (another fandom cultural reference for the discerning)!

An acoustically decent home studio full of hand-picked gear that I love to play and record with!

Never heard of them before now.  So they're aiming for as authentic a reproduction as possible?  Or am I missing something?  Not knocking what they do, just wondering if there's more to it than meets the ear.

Here in the Bay Area there's a group of local musicians that plays one concert a year of Beatles covers, but they choose mostly arrangements done by soul artists.  So many great Beatles interpretations out there.

Gigging: Crumar Mojo 61, Hammond SKPro

Home: Vintage Vibe 64

17 hours ago, Adan said:

Never heard of them before now.  So they're aiming for as authentic a reproduction as possible?  Or am I missing something?  Not knocking what they do, just wondering if there's more to it than meets the ear.

Yeah that is basically it. But they go in great lengths to achieve this. Some examples, they play all stuf with click tracks for Sgt pepper (because of the samples etc), but the recreated the complete click tracks by tapping along with the album to have the original variations in tempo. They also went to abbey roads to record strings and recreate the famous piano stab in " a day in the life". You can watch it in this documentary which I found really amusing. 

Rudy