Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

What's in your eyes? (as OT as you make it)

hurricane hugo

11 hours ago, surfergirl said:

That would be cool. It will be awhile before we can afford it. We'll want do everything on one trip, because we'll never get back again. We've got 6 place we want to visit, starting and ending in DC.

@surfergirl - Get in touch if you come to D.C.!

• Like 2

"Monsters are real, and Ghosts are real too. They live inside us, and sometimes, they win." Stephen King

http://www.novparolo.com

https://thewinstonpsmithproject.bandcamp.com

Wasn't sure whether to put this one in "Eyes" or "Ears" thread?

The other day, my wife surprised me by announcing that we had tickets to see Dweezil Zappa, on what he's calling the "Roxpostrophy" Tour. 

It turns out, last night was Dweezil's birthday, so it was a very fun, very funny night. The band gave us weird snippets of Bon Jovi, Bee Gees, Guns N' Roses, Jefferson Airplane-meets-theme-song-from-HAIR, all kinds of fun stuff, along with versions of "Inca Roads", "Cheepnis", "Zomby Woof", and other tunes.

For a group of people who were clearly having a lot of fun, Dweezil and his band played like mad. It is no exaggeration to say that this was some of the finest Musicianship I've been lucky enough to witness IRL, period.

Oddly, Dweezil's new Guitar barely got any action, maybe two songs. Most of the night, he played FZ's heavily restored "SG." (There's been a lot of discussion about the provenance of Zappa's "Roxy" and "Baby Snakes" SG's; look it up if you're curious.) Nearly the entire top of the Guitar has a black plastic Pickguard in place, much larger even than the "batwing" Pickguard. I suspect it's there to accommodate some custom electronics, and to cover years/decades of wear.

Dweezil stood on stage for a very long time at the end of the show, shaking hands, taking selfies, and signing just about anything people put in front of him, which was a very generous gesture after an intense 3-hour show. I gave him an elbow bump, figuring his right hand was getting enough attention from everyone else.

• Like 3
  • Love 2

"Monsters are real, and Ghosts are real too. They live inside us, and sometimes, they win." Stephen King

http://www.novparolo.com

https://thewinstonpsmithproject.bandcamp.com

32 minutes ago, Winston Psmith said:

@surfergirl - Get in touch if you come to D.C.!

You know that crossed my mind at the mention DC being a destination...

• Like 2

Ask yourself- What Would Ren and Stimpy Do?

~ Caevan James-Michael Miller-O'Shite ~

_ ___ _ Leprechaun, Esquire _ ___ _

15 hours ago, Winston Psmith said:

Wasn't sure whether to put this one in "Eyes" or "Ears" thread?

The other day, my wife surprised me by announcing that we had tickets to see Dweezil Zappa, on what he's calling the "Roxpostrophy" Tour. 

It turns out, last night was Dweezil's birthday, so it was a very fun, very funny night. The band gave us weird snippets of Bon Jovi, Bee Gees, Guns N' Roses, Jefferson Airplane-meets-theme-song-from-HAIR, all kinds of fun stuff, along with versions of "Inca Roads", "Cheepnis", "Zomby Woof", and other tunes.

For a group of people who were clearly having a lot of fun, Dweezil and his band played like mad. It is no exaggeration to say that this was some of the finest Musicianship I've been lucky enough to witness IRL, period.

Oddly, Dweezil's new Guitar barely got any action, maybe two songs. Most of the night, he played FZ's heavily restored "SG." (There's been a lot of discussion about the provenance of Zappa's "Roxy" and "Baby Snakes" SG's; look it up if you're curious.) Nearly the entire top of the Guitar has a black plastic Pickguard in place, much larger even than the "batwing" Pickguard. I suspect it's there to accommodate some custom electronics, and to cover years/decades of wear.

Dweezil stood on stage for a very long time at the end of the show, shaking hands, taking selfies, and signing just about anything people put in front of him, which was a very generous gesture after an intense 3-hour show. I gave him an elbow bump, figuring his right hand was getting enough attention from everyone else.

WOW!! I wish I could've been there! What a special concert all around! I'm glad you went and had a great time!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Ask yourself- What Would Ren and Stimpy Do?

~ Caevan James-Michael Miller-O'Shite ~

_ ___ _ Leprechaun, Esquire _ ___ _