Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

OT - Halle Berry as "Catwoman"...

http://i.a.cnn.net/cnn/2004/SHOWBIZ/Movies/07/22/review.catwoman.ap/story.catwoman.jpg

Yowza! CNNs reviewer said the movie was quite boring, sounds like a good one to wear your iPod to, and just watch!

Gonna go see it, Duddits? :D

Botch

"Eccentric language often is symptomatic of peculiar thinking" - George Will

www.puddlestone.net

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I think the costume design was done poorly. It does have that kind of vibe like it was made by the character herself though, like more of a realistic kinda... thing going on rather than some superhero with some flamboyant costume.

Originally posted by DJDM:

Hubba Hubba! Fortunately Selena is a big Halle Berry fan. :D

Fortunately I'm good at spotting a terrible movie when I see one, regardless how great of an actor I think Halle Berry is.

I saw the preview when my wife and I saw Harry Potter and in the dead silence of the theater after the preview ended, some wise soul in the back and I, busted out laughing.

Trust me. Halle lost a bet and had to appear in this film.

Whenever you find that you are on the side of the majority, it is time to reform.

Mark Twain (1835-1910)

--------------------

Reporter: "Ah, do you think you could destroy the world?" The Tick: "Ehgad I hope not. That's where I keep all my stuff!"

She is a really great actor. And one of the prettiest women I've ever seen. But yeah, this movie looks like a giant-sized stinker.

This movie invalidates itself by having the hero run around in open toed shoes.

Lessee...Spidey 2 opens in Imax this weekend, plus the Bourne Supremacy. The Village opens next weekend. AVP opens not long after that. I'll see it on a cheap-o matinee one day, but I'm not holding my breath...oh, wait, I did that during the trailer. I'll hold my judgement 'til after I see it for real.

Peace

If at first you don't succeed, keep on sucking 'til you do suck seed!

It's a nice fall DVD rental nothing more..

I liked the orig concept, with another director and Ashley Judd as Catwoman. That would have been a nice fit...

One Superhero character per actor please..

TROLL . . . ish.

You guys might get more entertainment from the Harry Knowles review(pretty funny) of Catwoman than the actual movie so....

http://www.aint-it-cool-news.com/display.cgi?id=18006

Then of course, at the very bottom of the review page is the mean, menacing, evil spirited, contemptuos, bitter, horrificly nasty, jaded TALKBACK section to enjoy too...

:freak:

TROLL . . . ish.

As a former comic book geek, I have to object and point out, the new Halle Berry film is not about the Batman villain, they're just cashing in on the name!!!

Why couldn't she have just thrown a tantrum and got them to write a decent part for Storm in the X-Men, she looks better in that anyway...!

Fa Fa FA Fa fa fa fa fa FA fa FA FA

Halle is a fox - I met her in NYC when I worked there and my girlfriend ended up talking to her for about 10 minutes about cosmetics or something - I was kinda staring (more like stunned) and not saying a word. Didn't look all that good in jeans and a sweatshirt.

If the movie makes $50 million at 2004 ticket prices, I'd be surprised.

Live 6, Battery 3, Project 5, Atmosphere, Albino 2, Minimoog V, Oddity, Nord 2X, Proteus 2K

***I can't play for sh*t, but I can sequence like a muthaf*ck*r***

Originally posted by skipclone 1:

If Ben Affleck can get away with `Daredevil`, why not-I`m waiting for Britney in `Kung-fu Barbie`s revenge`

I still have scars from Daredevil. I'd rather be forced to watch a triple feature of Teen Wolf Too, Gymkata and anything starring Carrot Top, than sit through Daredevil again.

As far as the $50 mill domestic take? Hard to say. That sounds about right. Maybe $60 mill total. But the industry guideline is take what a film does its first two weeks, double it and you have a ballpark domestic gross.

Whenever you find that you are on the side of the majority, it is time to reform.

Mark Twain (1835-1910)

--------------------

Reporter: "Ah, do you think you could destroy the world?" The Tick: "Ehgad I hope not. That's where I keep all my stuff!"

Originally posted by Hendmik:

I still have scars from Daredevil. I'd rather be forced to watch a triple feature of Teen Wolf Too, Gymkata and anything starring Carrot Top, than sit through Daredevil again.[/QB]

I actually saw "Gymkata." Wow, that was bad. We're probably two out of maybe fourteen people who have seen that movie. I hadn't thought about that in years, but I think you've reopened the wound... :D

I don't think she's all that great an actress, I didn't think she deserved the Academy award she got...sorry, I just don't get it.

she's very pretty

from the first :30 trailer I saw for Catwoman I knew I'd be waiting to see it...probably until it's released to HBO, there will be better DVDs to rent before then :)

I'm enjoying all the promo pictures though

Originally posted by Stephen LeBlanc:

I don't think she's all that great an actress, I didn't think she deserved the Academy award she got...sorry, I just don't get it.

Remember the 1st thing Denzel said on Oscar Night when he won...

"Killin' 2 birds with one stone eh"

TROLL . . . ish.

Originally posted by meccajay:

Originally posted by Stephen LeBlanc:

Remember the 1st thing Denzel said on Oscar Night when he won...

"Killin' 2 birds with one stone eh"

well y'know, we all hope that wasn't the case but well...

Denzel is a really good actor and should have won the award much earlier for his performance in "X" as far as I'm concerned. He was also good in "Mo' Better Blues"

I tried to like Halle Berry in "Monsters" because in general I really like her...she was really cute and fun in "Boomerang"...I just personally can't see the talent...she seems like a B+ actress to me.

Yeah, I'd say limited acting ability, massive likability(onscreen) and sooooo much fun to look at.

$150 million dollar empire says that formula worked for J-Lo too, so there's a market for it!

TROLL . . . ish.

Originally posted by Ken/Eleven Shadows:

I still have scars from Daredevil. I'd rather be forced to watch a triple feature of Teen Wolf Too, Gymkata and anything starring Carrot Top, than sit through Daredevil again.

I actually saw "Gymkata." Wow, that was bad. We're probably two out of maybe fourteen people who have seen that movie. I hadn't thought about that in years, but I think you've reopened the wound... :D [/QB]
`Gymkata` was sheer torture, even from an action standpoint.

Same old surprises, brand new cliches-

Skipsounds on Soundclick:

www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandid=602491

Originally posted by Kcbass:

I ususally enjoy the movies the critics hate. Kcbass

Then let me introduce you to your new favorite actors. ENJOY!

http://www.thehorselover.com/steveguttenberg/Steve_Cocoon.jpghttp://us.ent4.yimg.com/movies.yahoo.com/images/hv/photo/movie_pix/warner_brothers/cradle_2_the_grave/tom_arnold/cradlepre.jpg

http://www.tonydanzabonanza.tvheaven.com/images/1tonyapril26.jpg

Mark Twain (1835-1910)

--------------------

Blech..>Daredevil....A cool comic turned into chowda...

Halle Berry is yummy, but the distributor of this movie was almost not going to release it because it did so poorly in the test viewings.

I'd rather remember Halle Berry in Monsters' Ball saying 'make me feel good, make me feel good..Billy Bob, you DAWG!

Originally posted by deanmass:

Blech..>Daredevil....A cool comic turned into chowda...

Halle Berry is yummy, but the distributor of this movie was almost not going to release it because it did so poorly in the test viewings.

I'd rather remember Halle Berry in Monsters' Ball saying 'make me feel good, make me feel good..Billy Bob, you DAWG!

My neighbors have four kids and rent a lot of movies, so when they asked me to come over because they had Monsters Ball, my brain heard "Monsters Inc." which I was actually looking forward to finally seeing. :eek:

I still liked it.

It's OK to tempt fate. Just don't drop your drawers and moon her.

From the New York Times:

One studio chief, who spoke on condition of anonymity, said she did not consider Ms. Berry a viable star, noting that the actress's perfect features were intimidating to women, and that her emphasis on sexuality had objectified her to men.

:confused::confused::confused::confused:

Don't know what she has to do again to be considered a "viable star".

Originally posted by mars:

[qb]From the New York Times:

One studio chief, who spoke on condition of anonymity, said she did not consider Ms. Berry a viable star, noting that the actress's perfect features were intimidating to women, and that her emphasis on sexuality had objectified her to men.

That statement is the biggest bunch of crap-I`m making a memo right now-the biggest bunch of crap I have ever heard.

Perfect features are a problem-I bet that`s news to Catherine Zeta...and the rest of her names. Not to mention Jennifer Connelly. Jane Seymour.

Madeline Stowe.

Objectified? She needs MORE sexuality to have that problem. Ask her co-star Sharon Stone.

What a pantload.

/qb]

Same old surprises, brand new cliches-

Skipsounds on Soundclick:

www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandid=602491

Originally posted by Kcbass:

I ususally enjoy the movies the critics hate. Kcbass

Then let me introduce you to your new favorite actors. ENJOY!

http://www.thehorselover.com/steveguttenberg/Steve_Cocoon.jpghttp://us.ent4.yimg.com/movies.yahoo.com/images/hv/photo/movie_pix/warner_brothers/cradle_2_the_grave/tom_arnold/cradlepre.jpg

http://www.tonydanzabonanza.tvheaven.com/images/1tonyapril26.jpg

Well, not all of 'em. Most of 'em. Kcbass

P.S. Her breaking out of jail was worth the price of admission.

"Let It Be!"

Originally posted by skipclone 1:

Originally posted by mars:

[qb]From the New York Times:

That statement is the biggest bunch of crap-I`m making a memo right now-the biggest bunch of crap I have ever heard.

Perfect features are a problem-I bet that`s news to Catherine Zeta...and the rest of her names. Not to mention Jennifer Connelly. Jane Seymour.

Madeline Stowe.

Objectified? She needs MORE sexuality to have that problem. Ask her co-star Sharon Stone.

What a pantload.

/qb]

yep

Archived