Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Building your synth from euro racks

Waldorf has the KB37

https://www.waldorfmusic.com/en/kb37?msclkid=63e76abbc17611ecbdb677288d986b17

I've seen it used on reverb for $800.  Don't see it offered by the big US dealers. 

Sonic state recently reviewed the Nify Keyz from cre8audio, 

https://www.cre8audio.com/?msclkid=7de6a927c17611eca7dc20237ac8f5ed

US dealers retail at $599.99.

• Like 2

Yamaha CP88, Casio PX-560

Was just reading about the Nifty Keys, it looks pretty attractive. I could definitely see having one as a controller for my modular stuff, if this had been available when I got my KeyStep Pro, I would have seriously considered it as an alternative.

Turn up the speaker

Hop, flop, squawk

It's a keeper

-Captain Beefheart, Ice Cream for Crow

I bought the Nifty Case combo a while back. Small Eurorack case and two modules. The case if full featured but made very cheaply. The modules are junk, but very cheap and you cannot really complain for the price paid. However, it makes me dubious about buying anything else of that brand. After using the modules for noise and modulations for a while I removed them from the case. Probably would not buy it again and will not take a chance on this keyboard. I'll still recommend the Arturia MiniBrute 2 and a RackBrute over this for beginners to Eurorack.

This post edited for speling.

My Sweetwater Gear Exchange Page

• 1 year later...

The evil Daniel Fisher (always costs me $$) convinced me I need a Niftykeyz, which I found used for a decent price, knock on wood. I'm just getting a rack going:

53490254622_1a3098698a_c.jpg

getting my head around CV vs Midi, I found this little video....game over:

I've overflowed my GO case above anyway.....

Now I'm studying up on CV to Midi conversion, I already have the other direction covered with FH2 and DROID. Daniel debunked my view that CV control is "primitive" compared to MIDI, by noting it's speed and stepless nature. 

Anybody using a CV to MIDI converter?

RT-3/U-121/Leslie 21H and 760/Saltarelle Nuage/MOXF6/MIDIhub, 

SL-880/Nektar T4/Numa Cx2/Deepmind12/Virus TI 61/SL61 mk2

Stylophone R8/Behringer RD-8/Proteus 1/MP-7/Zynthian 4

MPC1k/JV1010/Unitor 8/Model D & 2600/WX-5&7/VL70m/DMP-18 Pedals

Natal drums/congas etc & misc bowed/plucked/blown instruments. 

I, sadly, have not turned on my synth stuff in months (like, since last June...it's pathetic). I am so completely clobbered by my fall-apart-house and single parenthood that there simply isn't time. However, there's comfort in knowing that it's still waiting for me.

I've got a bodacious number of Euro pieces and can attest that:

a) They're more fun than the law allows

b) I finally reached a point where I'm pretty stable, module-wise, and no longer buy 99 modules a month--may even sell a couple

c) It doesn't have to be beeps and boops...you can actually make tunes and melodies from Eurorack modules

Grey

I'm not interested in someone's ability to program. I'm interested in their ability to compose and play.