Jump to content


Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Welcome Back My Friends, to the Show that Never Ends


Recommended Posts

It's great to see people coming back to SSS and the forums!! SSS started in 1995, and it's been through more twists and turns than the Amalfi drive. Yet we're still here. 

 

It's been said that if the world came to end, all that would be left is cockroaches and Cher's career. We may need to add SSS to that list.

 

Please - start topics, tell us who you are, what you've been up to, what gets you excited, what gets you upset. Tell your friends to join in. 

 

We have big dreams for musicplayer.com. Your participation makes it possible.

 

Stay tuned...

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites



Gus!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

 

So good to see you!! As you can see, shedding the corporate overlords has had...shall we say..."a positive impact."

 

Then again, I always was one for understatement...

 

Talk to us, Gus! You've been missed.

  • Love 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Anderton said:

Gus!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

 

So good to see you!! As you can see, shedding the corporate overlords has had...shall we say..."a positive impact."

 

Then again, I always was one for understatement...

 

Talk to us, Gus! You've been missed.

 

I love the new look of the site and forums. So modern and functional.

Perhaps is it time to give the spanish speaking community another chance?

 

Thanks for the warm welcome. Missed you guys, too.

 

I'll be back 

 

ill be back arnold schwarzenegger GIF

 

 

  • Like 1
  • Cool 1

Músico, Productor, Ingeniero, Tecnólogo

Senior Product Manager, América Latina y Caribe - PreSonus

at Fender Musical Instruments Company

 

Instagram: guslozada

Facebook: Lozada - Música y Tecnología

 

www.guslozada.com

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Gus Lozada said:

I love the new look of the site and forums. So modern and functional.

Perhaps is it time to give the spanish speaking community another chance?

 

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, Gus Lozada said:

 

I love the new look of the site and forums. So modern and functional.

Perhaps is it time to give the spanish speaking community another chance?

 

Thanks for the warm welcome. Missed you guys, too.

 

I'll be back 

 

ill be back arnold schwarzenegger GIF

 

 


There is an option for a few translations, including Spanish. They’re off at the moment, but I’ll turn them back on shortly.

 

dB

  • Wow! 1

:snax:

 

:keys:==> David Bryce Music • Funky Young Monks <==:rawk:

 

 

Affiliations: Cloud Microphones • Music Player Network 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Anderton said:

It's been said that if the world came to end, all that would be left is cockroaches and Cher's career. We may need to add SSS to that list.

 

Well, you did leave out opossums, they can eat anything and their metabolism is so slow that they don't get rabies or die of snakebite. 

So, they should be around - even after Cher is long since gone. 

It took a chunk of my life to get here and I am still not sure where "here" is.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I do like the functionality since it was modernized.

 

Oh, and I hope people who are interested in photography and video and album covers and all that participate and start new subjects in The Big Picture as well. This is relatively new to Music Player Network. Think of it as one of those places out the SSS pool where some of the people talk about photography and all that sort of thing!

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 hours ago, Dave Bryce said:


There is an option for a few translations, including Spanish. They’re off at the moment, but I’ll turn them back on shortly.

 

Okay, the Spanish, Italian and German translations are turned back on.  They can be activated using the pull down menu at the bottom of the page, right by THEMES and CONTACT US.

 

Invision offers simple ones that are free, and more involved ones that cost some $ (not much).  I’ve installed the free ones first.  They seem to have a limited scope.  Happy to upgrade to the better ones if the demand is there.

 

Feedback…?

 

dB

:snax:

 

:keys:==> David Bryce Music • Funky Young Monks <==:rawk:

 

 

Affiliations: Cloud Microphones • Music Player Network 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Dave Bryce said:

 

Okay, the Spanish, Italian and German translations are turned back on.  They can be activated using the pull down menu at the bottom of the page, right by THEMES and CONTACT US.

 

Invision offers simple ones that are free, and more involved ones that cost some $ (not much).  I’ve installed the free ones first.  They seem to have a limited scope.  Happy to upgrade to the better ones if the demand is there.

 

Feedback…?

 

dB

 

Unless I'm using it wrong, it only translates what's generally on the website already, such as the "new thread" buttons or "submit reply". It did not translate people's comments/posts.

Screen Shot 2022-04-10 at 7.08.55 PM.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, KenElevenShadows said:

 

Unless I'm using it wrong, it only translates what's generally on the website already, such as the "new thread" buttons or "submit reply". It did not translate people's comments/posts

 

I think that’s correct.  My understanding is that’s what’s the free ones do.

 

Not sure if the more expensive ones do the posts as well.

 

dB

:snax:

 

:keys:==> David Bryce Music • Funky Young Monks <==:rawk:

 

 

Affiliations: Cloud Microphones • Music Player Network 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Worth finding out for Spanish language. That was by far the most popular foreign-language forum on Harmony Central.

 

I started one in French as well because I speak French, but it didn't get any traction. Germans all speak English better than Americans anyway, so a German forum would have been redundant :)

 

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

How good are the translations? I took German in high school back in the 79's and would like to try brushing up again. Thinking about turning on the German translation and then trying to read it.

This post edited for speling.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, RABid said:

How good are the translations? I took German in high school back in the 79's and would like to try brushing up again. Thinking about turning on the German translation and then trying to read it.

 

Go ahead - would love the feedback.  The pull down menu is at the bottom.

 

dB

:snax:

 

:keys:==> David Bryce Music • Funky Young Monks <==:rawk:

 

 

Affiliations: Cloud Microphones • Music Player Network 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, Anderton said:

Worth finding out for Spanish language. That was by far the most popular foreign-language forum on Harmony Central.

 

 

 

Actually, I’m wrong.  There ins’t a more expensive version of Spanish, only the free one.  The pay ones are Portuguese, Hebrew, Chinese…and three different Italian ones.

 

dB

:snax:

 

:keys:==> David Bryce Music • Funky Young Monks <==:rawk:

 

 

Affiliations: Cloud Microphones • Music Player Network 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 4/10/2022 at 7:16 PM, Dave Bryce said:

 

I think that’s correct.  My understanding is that’s what’s the free ones do.

 

Not sure if the more expensive ones do the posts as well.

 

dB

 

Well, we should spare no expense!!! ;) :D 

 

Seriously, okay, good to know.

 

I hope we can someday get to the point of where we have universal translators like "Star Trek". 

 

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, KenElevenShadows said:

 

Well, we should spare no expense!!! ;) :D 

 

Seriously, okay, good to know.

 

I hope we can someday get to the point of where we have universal translators like "Star Trek". 

 

 

Google Translate can create indecipherable gibberish in all known languages (and some that are unknown...) 😳

It took a chunk of my life to get here and I am still not sure where "here" is.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 4/9/2022 at 8:50 PM, Anderton said:

It's great to see people coming back to SSS and the forums!! SSS started in 1995, and it's been through more twists and turns than the Amalfi drive. Yet we're still here. 

 

It's been said that if the world came to end, all that would be left is cockroaches and Cher's career. We may need to add SSS to that list.

 

Please - start topics, tell us who you are, what you've been up to, what gets you excited, what gets you upset. Tell your friends to join in. 

 

We have big dreams for musicplayer.com. Your participation makes it possible.

 

Stay tuned...

Love this Craig!!!

You are definitely making a big buzz, keep it up!!!

Respectfully,

Rene

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...