Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

JOE MESSINA, FUNK BROTHERS GUITARIST AND CORNERSTONE OF THE MOTOWN SOUND, DIES AGED 93

What a milestone; EVERYONE, EVERYWHERE around the world has heard his playing...

JOE MESSINA, FUNK BROTHERS GUITARIST AND CORNERSTONE OF THE MOTOWN SOUND, DIES AGED 93

149383d2-b457-4859-b82a-1aa7647e96cd-sta

Ask yourself- What Would Ren and Stimpy Do?

~ Caevan James-Michael Miller-O'Shite ~

_ ___ _ Leprechaun, Esquire _ ___ _

Rest In Peace Joe.

He lived a good life, few will ever be part of such an impressive catalog of work. 

The essence of Motown was the Funk Brothers backing up a plethora of singers and singing groups.

Joe Messina was part of that, a big part. 

Some will put forth that the Beatles were the most influential pop group of all time. 

I would say that the Beatles would not have sounded like the Beatles if they hadn't covered and listened to Motown musics. 

Joe Messina was a part of that, a big part. 

• Like 1
It took a chunk of my life to get here and I am still not sure where "here" is.

I'm very fortunate, having been born in Detroit in 1959 and living in the Detroit area my whole life, i grew up listening to both rock and roll as well as Motown.  Joe Messina helped create some of the greatest songs ever, songs that have stood the test of time.  Thanks Joe.

• Like 4
I rock; therefore, I am.