Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Stand madness and boredom

As the title says, now I've got almost a whole month from gigging - so immediately bored, having a bit of a look at re-grouping my stuff, clearing some out, repairing bits, tidying etc.

Decided to set up the old Gibraltar stand which has been in a cupboard for 2 years. Yes, it's heavy, but still only takes 5 mins to set up. Still love it though!
Seem to have lost a few bits along the way, and there's a downside right away, but, like Lego, just make something else!

And the way the second-hand climate is here, no keys player or drummer is gonna take it.

So, I thought "Well, my laptop setup is now so quick, the extra couple of minutes for a stand? Who cares?"

It's a good looking thing!

(bonus points for identifying the other boards sneaking in, and my little lamp on the speaker…)

IMG_0066 Medium.jpeg

IMG_0069 Medium.jpeg

IMG_0064 Medium.jpeg

IMG_0067 Medium.jpeg

IMG_0065 Medium.jpeg

• Like 5

9 minutes ago, ABECK said:

Def worth the extra few min.  Looks killer, especially with those matching boards.

Yes, I think so! Thanks for twisting my arm @ABECK!|

I did promise a couple of pics of the other bits! On my way out, but here you go, couple of quick ones…
First one is nice and compact rig. iConnectivity Audio 2+ and an OWC USB-C Hub. Hub is powered, 2x USB cables to the keyboards and USB C to the Mac.
2 or 4 audio outs on jacks to DIs.

4U Shallow Rack is a rack shelf with a MIDI 4+ in case I ever use my Triton or something of a similar age as a controller, and an identical hub.

An XR18 underneath, XLR outs on the front. Captive snake outta the rear with 2x USB for the keys, USB C for the Mac.
Powercon in and a loop out should I need any more outlets and MIDI sockets. 

Yeah - it does need tidying up and that's a job for tomorrow! I also have an old LInksys access point which I will try and mount somewhere. Can power it from the same 9V PSU that powers the MIDI4+. It's a nice beefy 5A one so plenty current. May also cut the rack shelf down by quite a bit, but I had it lying around.

Looking to use the XR18 for reverbs and other FX to save a bit computing power, too. So will map a layer of controls to that at some point.

187A6523-4651-4B85-8D10-AD41417FBA1D.JPG

IMG_0070 Medium.jpeg

IMG_0071 Medium.jpeg

1 hour ago, dongna said:

As an avid follower of the "Dig My Rig" thread, I have to say I can't think of anything that makes a rig stand out more than those chrome Gibralter stands do.

One of these days...

It definitely looks great and once the memory locks are set, it’s a 5 min set up. As opposed to one min with a Spider Pro.

BUT… It IS heavy! And expensive. 

Like a lot of things we do, no one else will notice if your reverb is in mono, not many people care! But, I like it - I’m 6’6” and it’s the best height for me - it’s blingy, and musos do talk about it. Hence my attention grabbing here! 

Great stand.  Love it.  You know I'm a huge fan of Gibraltar hardware.

My problem is having ADHD.    I change up the configuration every few weeks.  Lucky I have enough various parts to do so ;)

Seriously, your stand is wonderful!

David

Gig Rig:Depends on the day :thu:

25 minutes ago, EscapeRocks said:

Great stand.  Love it.  You know I'm a huge fan of Gibraltar hardware.

My problem is having ADHD.    I change up the configuration every few weeks.  Lucky I have enough various parts to do so ;)

Seriously, your stand is wonderful!

I don’t know if I’ve got anything, but I get bored within minutes if I’m not working! 

Like you, David, love re-organizing stuff. I’ve lost a few bars and clamps somewhere! Sure they’ll turn up - but it’s great to be modular!