Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

SHRIMP & CHICKEN PENNE-with a twist

I cannot take claim to this recipe (original link from Old Bay here), but I do like it especially with the twist I put on it.

SHRIMP & CHICKEN PENNE

Classic Chesapeake Bay flavor in a rich, buttery pasta overflowing with hearty chunks of chicken and plump pink shrimp. Every belly will be full after this meal. We promise.

10m PREP TIME

20m COOK TIME

475 CALORIES 

INGREDIENTS 

8 ounces penne pasta

1/2 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts cut in 1/2-inch strips

4 teaspoons OLD BAY® Classic Seafood Seasoning

1 tablespoon butter

1 pound large shrimp, peeled and deveined

1 cup heavy cream

3 green onions, sliced

Cook pasta as directed on package.

Coat chicken with 1 teaspoon of OLD BAY. In a large nonstick skillet melt butter on medium heat. Add chicken. Cook 2 to 3 minutes per side.

Coat shrimp with 2 teaspoons of OLD BAY. Add shrimp to chicken. Cook while stirring 2 to 3 minutes or until shrimp turn pink.

Mix remaining 1 teaspoon OLD BAY and heavy cream. Stir into skillet with cooked pasta and green onions. Simmer 5 minutes or until sauce thickens and pasta is heated through.

So, what is my twist? Very simple. I make this in a cast-iron frying pan, preheat the oven to high broil, then after it it is ready on the stove, I put it into the oven close to the broiler for about two minutes. Just enough to get it nice and toasty on top. Well worth the effort…

• Like 2

Steve Force,

Durham, North Carolina

--------

My Professional Websites

I'll have to try this one. I've never used Old Bay on anything except fish and shellfish. Pretty impressed that something which sounds so tasty comes in at 475 Calories too.

Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.

-Mark Twain