Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

I couldn't think of a killer recipe to meet the membership requirement, but I'll share this.

I have been on a crusade lately to eradicate simple carbs from my diet - no bread, potatoes, rice... or pasta so I picked up one of these: (see attached). Last night I spiralized a couple of medium sized zucchini into linguine sized noodles -"zoodles", browned up a pound of ground beef with onions and garlic, and added a jar of my favorite marinara sauce. Then I placed the zoodles in a baking dish, covered them with the sauce, topped it with a generous layer of Trader Joe's Quattro Formaggio (Parmesan, Asiago, Fontina and Provolone), and popped it in the oven to bake for 30 mins or so. Funny book simple, but it was honestly delicious, and best of all, guilt free in the starchy carb department. 

BTW, great idea for a club Dave. Thanks for starting this. I'll up my game with some more interesting recipes now that I've broken the ice.

Screenshot 2022-03-22 063052.jpg

• Like 1
  • Cool 1

Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.

-Mark Twain

• 2 weeks later...

Low carb pasta update: I just tried hearts of palm pasta last night. Fantastic substitute for wheat based pasta. I tried the Natural Heaven spaghetti from Amazon, but TJs has it too under the Palmini brand. It looks and acts more like pasta than the zoodles and doesn't shed as much water when cooked. Highly recommend.

Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.

-Mark Twain

Got a spiralizer attachement for the kitchen aid and zoodles are part of the rotation. Great meal!

Also for low carb cauliflower mash is just amazing.

Steam cut up cauliflower in chicken broth until it's mushy soft. Put it in the blender. Add salt to taste. Butter if you like. And some of the remaining chicken broth.

• Like 1

Kawai C-60 Grand Piano : Hammond A-100 : Hammond SK2 : Yamaha CP4 : Yamaha Montage 7 : Moog Sub 37

My latest album: Funky organ, huge horn section

https://bobbycressey.bandcamp.com/album/cali-native