Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Gig chair with good back support?

On 3/19/2022 at 1:40 PM, Spider76 said:

I use this Quik Lok stool.

https://www.quiklok.it/en/quik-lok/dx749

spacer.png

Big and heavy, but really solid and has an ample range of height settings, from really low to really high for "almost-standing" gigs

Been doing some price research on this.  Pricing all over the map and fluctuates quite a bit.  Patience may be rewarded for those eyeing this one.

Playing in (and substituting with) several bands I've been able to ponder over several of the options mentioned above by trying out the different seats owned by about 7 drummers that I know.  The drummer in my main band advised to stay away from pneumatic seats as the piston wears over time.  After discussing with him and trying the  various options the Roc-N-Soc without the pneumatic piston appears to be the winner from comfort, portability and what appears to be reliability.  So now its just a matter of purchasing a new one or try to shave some dollars by looking for a used one in good condition.

57 Hammond B3; 69 Hammond L100P; 68 Leslie 122; Kurzweil Forte7 & PC3; M-Audio Code 61; Voce V5+; Neo Vent; EV ELX112P; GSI Gemini & Burn

Delaware Dave

Exit93band

Pedal steel players sit on seats called a pak-a seat. Cushioned, usually with a backrest, and they open to store stuff. I play pedal steel also, and I've been using one for years, and I use mine when playing keys as well. Really comfortable & supportive. The only drawback is that they're not easily height-adjustable, but they can be ordered with longer legs, if needed.

Steelerschoice.com

seat.jpg

On 3/12/2022 at 12:48 PM, Shamanzarek said:

The Soundseat is considered to be one of the best but not inexpensive.

web-ss.jpg

Great chair! I have a beige one. Used it for 18 years straight at a piano single I was doing at a hotel. The guy who started it, JR, has since passed but I think someone that he trained took it over. I think they are in NC.