Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Official NFL 2022-2023 Thread

In addition to the two PICs DAK threw, he ALMOST had a PIC6 at the end of the game that would have made their loss even worse.

I never thought DAK was a Franchise QB and he is NOT. Its been 30 years since Dallas won anything other than a WILD CARD GAME. As a Steelers fan that makes me smile.

• Haha 1

Yamaha Motif ES8, Alesis Ion, Prophet 5 Rev 3.2, 1979 Rhodes Mark 1 Suitcase 73 Piano, Arp Odyssey Md III, Roland R-70 Drum Machine, Digitech Vocalist Live Pro. Roland Boss Chorus Ensemble CE-1.

I just read that MaHomes has a High Ankle Sprain.

Yamaha Motif ES8, Alesis Ion, Prophet 5 Rev 3.2, 1979 Rhodes Mark 1 Suitcase 73 Piano, Arp Odyssey Md III, Roland R-70 Drum Machine, Digitech Vocalist Live Pro. Roland Boss Chorus Ensemble CE-1.

Yeah it will be interesting to see how he plays Sunday. Shame, I hate when injuries can seriously impact the game like that. Although the Bengals are missing three of their five OL starters I believe, so they're impacted too, but not the same impact as the QB. 

Agreed. MaHomes makes a lot of plays with his feet. They have lost the last two games to the Bengals and that will make it more difficult.

Apparently The Bengals got several Offensive lineman to fill in and some of them were high draft picks that played well. Joe had plenty of protection and made the throws.

• Like 1

The Bills never established a solid running game throughout the season.  The QB should not be the leading rusher on a team.  It caught up with them on Sunday.  The Bengals won that game on the ground.

I'm glad the Cowbums lost on Sunday.  But, if they had run the ball more than pass it, their chances of winning that game would have been better.   Even without RB Tony Pollard, the Bums still had RB Zeke Elliott and Malik Davis.  The QB can run if necessary too.  Instead, the Bums OC calls a bunch of dumb pass plays which led to turnovers.  

The NFL has become pass happy.  While it might make the game more exciting to casual fans, it's ridiculous that teams are willing to lose games by playing a higher pass/run ratio regardless of the QB under center. 

QB Patrick Mahomes is the only elite level QB remaining in the playoffs and he's hobbled now.  Every other team is playing with an average or slightly better QB.  The difference in those teams winning is a better balance in the run/pass game.

IOW, a franchise QB does not have to throw 35 passes/400 yards per game in order for a team to win.  The proof is in the playoffs. 😎

• Like 1

PD

"The greatest thing you'll ever learn, is just to love and be loved in return."--E. Ahbez "Nature Boy"

2 hours ago, ProfD said:

The Bills never established a solid running game throughout the season.  The QB should not be the leading rusher on a team.  It caught up with them on Sunday.  The Bengals won that game on the ground.

True. The Bills drafted Cook this year hoping to fill the running void, but he appears to be just OKish. Meanwhile the Bengals have two very good RBs in Mixon and Perine. 

I'm glad the Cowbums lost on Sunday.  But, if they had run the ball more than pass it, their chances of winning that game would have been better.   Even without RB Tony Pollard, the Bums still had RB Zeke Elliott and Malik Davis.  The QB can run if necessary too.  Instead, the Bums OC calls a bunch of dumb pass plays which led to turnovers.  

Disagree...Elliot is barely even an average back anymore. He can get the tough short yards, but that's about it. They have elite receiving talent, and the SF front seven is their biggest strength, so it made sense to pass more. Prescott just didn't get it done.

QB Patrick Mahomes is the only elite level QB remaining in the playoffs 

You don't think Burrow is elite? We'll agree to disagree there also :)   

Anyway, I think the best teams still remain, good to see. I think it ends up Chiefs vs Eagles but who knows.

Its time for Dallas to Draft a QB. DAK has been there 7 years and they never got past the wildcard round with a WIN. Jerry pays DAK 40 million a year for a QB that is NOT a franchise QB. Defensive players are too good in today's NFL. Time for Dallas to move on from DAK.

Buffalo is still reeling from their dismantling by the Bengals. One player can't generate all the points for any team. As Brotha ProfD has said, the QB should not be your running back too. Every time I watch Buffalo and he takes off running, I cringe, if he suffers an injury, say good by to your season.

Mahomes has a nasty high ankle sprain. He will be seriously limited, that is a very painful injury and he will have to be shot up. If I were a betting man, I would say that the Bengals will win the game, barring turnovers. The have beat the Chiefs the last two times they played.

1 hour ago, bill5 said:

Disagree...Elliot is barely even an average back anymore. He can get the tough short yards, but that's about it.

You don't think Burrow is elite? We'll agree to disagree there also :)

IMO, RB Zeke Elliott would be more productive if the Cowbums committed to shoring up their offensive line similar to the Titans.   

Of course, it is not my intention to give the Bums GM any bright ideas.😁 

Let the Cowbums find a trade partner for RB Zeke Elliott and watch him shine on another team.

A play-action passing game slows down an aggressive defense like the 49ers.  It also opens up big play opportunities for the WRs and TEs. 

The Eagles will show how its done this upcoming weekend.  I don't think the 49ers defense will intimidate them.

I think QB Joe Burrow is on his way to becoming an elite QB.  The Bengals need to shore up their o-line to pass protect better or Joe Cool's career will be short.

1 hour ago, MikeT156 said:

Jerry pays DAK 40 million a year for a QB that is NOT a franchise QB.

Blame the average salary of a franchise NFL QB.  It ballooned before QB Dak Prescott got his deal. 

Still, Cowbums owner Jerrah Jones had every right to let Dak hit the open market.  IOW, Jerrah did not have to pay him. 

The Cowbums could have stuck with QB Cooper Rush or drafted one and saved a boatload of money.

Again, I hope the Cowbums find a way to dump QB Dak Prescott.  That way, they definitely won't see another playoff for 2-3 years.  That would be awesome.🤣

In the meantime, I would hope that Dak lands on another team and leads them into playoffs and/or a Super Bowl.😁

If we are keeping track of franchise QBs who made a lot of money this season, Kirk Cousins, Tom Brady, Aaron Rodgers and now Josh Allen all have the same thing in common.  They are sitting at home during the playoffs. 😎

• Wow! 1

PD

"The greatest thing you'll ever learn, is just to love and be loved in return."--E. Ahbez "Nature Boy"

1 hour ago, ProfD said:

IMO, RB Zeke Elliott would be more productive if the Cowbums committed to shoring up their offensive line similar to the Titans.   

You mean the OL that Pollard averaged 5.2 YPC with? You want a bum, look no further than Elliot.

The Eagles will show how its done this upcoming weekend.  I don't think the 49ers defense will intimidate them.

Agreed. This has the look of a Frazier/Ali fight. I will be highly disappointed if it's not a close game in either direction. 

In the meantime, I would hope that Dak lands on another team and leads them into playoffs and/or a Super Bowl.😁

I'm hoping for a winning lotto ticket, but not holding my breath on that either. :)  

2 hours ago, bill5 said:

You mean the OL that Pollard averaged 5.2 YPC with? You want a bum, look no further than Elliot.

I'm hoping for a winning lotto ticket, but not holding my breath on that either. :)  

Fair enough.  As Maxwell Smart might say, would you believe me if I told you Zeke and Pollard are different types of running back.🤣

As it relates to a winning lotto ticket, Zeke and Dak have a better chance of winning a Super Bowl.  Save your money.😁😎

• Like 1

PD

5 minutes ago, bill5 said:

Yes. Pollard is really good, Elliot isn't. :)  

Isn't it Sunday yet??? 

Well played.🤣

Sunday will be here soon enough.  No need to rush it. 😁

Besides, QB Patrick Mahomes needs all the rest and injections, er, treatment he can get before game time.😎

• Like 2

PD

I watch Colin Cowherd's internet channel as well as Chris Simms on a regular basis every week. One of Colin's guests was a long time NFL Veteran who spoke about his experience with a high ankle sprain. It can take well over a year for it to heal and sometimes even more time depending how much damage there is in the injury. The only thing doctors can do is shoot them up with pain killers. Gravity takes over and the medication ends up in the athlete's feet makes the problem worse. Mahomes is going to be limited. That injury only serves the Bengals chances of winning yet another trip to the SB.

No Matter what team represents the AFC, the Eagles are stacked with great players. As long as they have their starting QB it should be a great SB.

• Like 1

As a Seahawks fan, I remember the year Russell Wilson suffered a high ankle sprain when Ndamukong Suh stepped on his foot when he was down. For most of that season he was practically immobile. They taped his shoe to his foot from the outside, and then halfway up to his knee. His elusiveness was completely gone, and this was back when he was really good at it. So this could be a really big deal - a shame because (although I'm not a KC fan) I just don't want to see Mahomes all hobbled up now that we're this deep into the playoffs. 

• Like 1

Hopefully, Chiefs head coach Andy Reid will rely more heavily on their running game in order to protect a hobbled QB Patrick Mahomes. 

The Bengals know their running game (RBs Mixon and Perine) is the best insurance policy for protecting QB Joe Burrow.  

Regardless of which AFC shows up in the Super Bowl, the NFC team might have to be favored on the strength of their defensive physicality.😎

• Like 1

PD

As a lifelong Niners faithful, quite a lot of the traffic presuming Philly will prevail in a good dogfight. That may be, I've not watched many Eagles games this season but the win over the Giants was, shall we say, convincing (and I hope their safety gets his stolen car back).

Eagles have the better team, stronger roster? Could be. But at this point of playoffs, I think it's more about injuries and strategic planning / execution. Which coaching staff prepares best for the opponent, and how able / disciplined can it be executed. 

Which is, as they say, why they play the games. Niners by three, I'm hoping.

2 hours ago, Dave Bryce said:

If I'm Dak, I'm thinking about demanding a trade. :snax:

Maybe him for Aaron Rodgers? :idk:  :idea: 

dB

That would be an awesome trade. Hilarious if the Packers and Cowbums played in the NFC championship game. 

Then, QB Dak Prescott leading the Packers to a Super Bowl ring after beating his former team led by QB Aaron Rodgers. 🤣😎 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

PD

Both Rogers and DAK are NOT Winners. Rogers is over the Hill and DAK is a turnover machine.

Both teams should give them the Boot. Colin Cowherd interviewed Sports Writer Matt Mosley on his after Dallas debacle Podcast. Apparently two Coordinators are going to be GONE. Dallas Laid another Egg in the playoffs and FANS are upset. Lets all throw a pity party for DALLAS. Ha ha ha. Mosley said that DAK looked like a deer caught in headlights after the PICS. He could have had a couple more but San Fran players didn't catch them.

• Like 1

A few sports pundits are finally admitting the Buffalo Bills shortcomings.  Real football fans have known it all along.  Lack of depth.

QB Josh Allen and WR Stefon Diggs are the only playmakers on offense.  No solid running game.  They have a decent TE. 

The Bills defensive line isn't that great.  The Bengals o-line has been porous all season long.  Yet, the Bills defensive front was handled by 3 fill-in offensive linemen.

Also, the Bills defense was decimated by injuries including LB Von Miller and S Micah Hyde.  Next man up worked to a point.

The Bills should easily be able to shore up in those areas next season.  Maybe they should trade for Cowbums RB Zeke Elliott.😁

Regardless, superman QB Josh Allen needs a few more pieces added to his utility belt in order to reach the Super Bowl.😎

• Like 2

PD

Chargers requested an interview with Bills QB coach Joe Brady for their OC opening.    No doubt they like his resume working with both Joe Burrow and Josh Allen, as well as his experience in the Bills' current offensive system and Sean Payton's system.

That bring the number of OC candidates so far to 6.

Prof D The Bengals managed to get some decent replacement players for their O Line to compensate for the regulars that are hurt. I read that one O Lineman they used for next man up was a high draft pick but was not playing on a different team. Maybe on the Bengals Practice squad? They gave merit to the next man up theory.

I cringe every time i see Allen take off and run. If he gets hurt, there goes their season. I get it that its a playoff game and its win or go home. But take a look at the Bengals running and passing game. Chase played well, as a team they ran right through the Bills Defense. Embarrassing .

4 hours ago, GovernorSilver said:

Chargers requested an interview with Bills QB coach Joe Brady for their OC opening.    No doubt they like his resume working with both Joe Burrow and Josh Allen, as well as his experience in the Bills' current offensive system and Sean Payton's system.

That bring the number of OC candidates so far to 6.

I hope they hire Zac Robinson, the Rams QB coach.

https://youtu.be/sJBA-quXEtg

• Like 1

Jennifer S.