Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Official NFL 2022-2023 Thread

The Jags haven't given up. Only down by 10 points with 12 minutes left. Plenty time to comeback. Of course, they have to stop the Chargers from scoring too.😎

• Like 1

PD

"The greatest thing you'll ever learn, is just to love and be loved in return."--E. Ahbez "Nature Boy"

Jaguars had more healthy starters and superior coaching.  But Doug Pederson has the Super Bowl experience, a deep bag of tricks and just years more experience overall over this much more youthful opposing coach.

Jaguars-Chiefs will be an interesting chess match, with DP going up against the equally savvy and wily Andy Reid.

Chargers will have an offseason that feels longer than last year's, that's for sure.  They'll have to figure out how to effectively address some issues, like the WR and offensive coordinator positions.  Down to just 3 WRs with only 2 actually being useful - GM Tom Telesco could have prevented this by trying a little harder to bring in WRs but he didn't.

• Like 1

For one brief half, I thought my Vikings might have a small chance to get to the championship game to get stomped by the Eagles, because beating the Giants is possible, and beating the Seahawks is possible (especially if it would have been at home.)

Instead, they'll get stomped by the Niners if they happen to get by the Giants :) That will *not* be pretty.  The niners coming out of halftime pretty obviously said, enough is enough, let's play now.

Not worried or excited either way, they have a lot of work to do to fix the roster and the coach seems like a keeper.   We'll see about the new GM.  Drafting a franchise quarterback would be an amazing feat, considering we haven't had one since Tarkington unless you count Daunte Culpepper or hobbling old rented Favre...*maybe* Tommy Kramer or Rich Gannon, who played awesome after he became a Raider :) 

36 minutes ago, Stokely said:

I thought my Vikings...

Drafting a franchise quarterback would be an amazing feat...

IMO, Kirk Cousins is a franchise QB. He's just not among the elite.

A team can win with a slightly above average QB providing the right pieces  surround him both players and coaches.

Vikings hired the right guy in head coach Kevin O'Connell. The offense was better this year as a result. 

The Vikings need to shore of their defense with playmakers in order to keep opponents from scoring so many points.😎

PD

"The greatest thing you'll ever learn, is just to love and be loved in return."--E. Ahbez "Nature Boy"

3 minutes ago, HammondDave said:

Dolphins suck… again! Pathetic. 

They're playing with a 3rd string QB with an average offense. Their defense is expected to keep up with one of the most high-powered offenses in the league. A very tall task on a Sunday afternoon.

However, last night, the Chargers were up 27-0 and +4 in turnover ratio. The Jags outscored them 31-3 in the 2nd half. 

Anything is possible. Do I believe the Dolphins can make such a comeback. Only if the NFL makes that call.🤣

That's not the outcome and narrative the NFL wants for this particular game.😁😎

• Like 1

PD

Buffalo did everything to LOSE that game. I didn't think Miami belonged on the same field with them before the game started.

• Like 1

Yamaha Motif ES8, Alesis Ion, Prophet 5 Rev 3.2, 1979 Rhodes Mark 1 Suitcase 73 Piano, Arp Odyssey Md III, Roland R-70 Drum Machine, Digitech Vocalist Live Pro. Roland Boss Chorus Ensemble CE-1.

The Dolphins were expected to lose in a major way. The margin of defeat was narrow enough to satisfy Vegas.

The Bills will play more aggressively in the next game because it's an NFL favored match-up.

I thought the Vikes could take the one-dimensional Giants. Nope. Vikes defense allowed QB Daniel Jones to have a career day.

The G-Men will go to Philly and look like a team that doesn't belong in the playoffs. 

The Bengals should have a relatively easy day at the office tonight. The Ravens defense will present some challenges but their offense is anemic.😎

PD

37 minutes ago, ProfD said:

The Dolphins were expected to lose in a major way.

Which is why I was sure it wouldn't happen. When everyone expects something to happen, it rarely does. This is why a Ravens upset wouldn't surprise me in the least. Bills are highly overrated. Sort of a better version of the Vikings. I wouldn't be surprised if the Giants beat the Eagles either. Re. the Giants, I give them credit where due. The Vikes didn't just hand that game to them, they played well. 

10 minutes ago, bill5 said:

When everyone expects something to happen, it rarely does. 

True.

12 minutes ago, bill5 said:

This is why a Ravens upset wouldn't surprise me in the least.

The Ravens will need miracles on offense and mistakes by the Bengals reverting back to the Bungles to pull off the upset. A close score helps. 😎

PD

Ravens don't need miracles on offense as we see. 9-7 as we near the half. Like the Bills, the Bengals are highly overrated. "Flashy" teams usually are. Earlier this year I thought the AFC would destroy whoever represented the NFC in the SB. My bad. Teams like the Bills, Bengals, and Chiefs think oooh we have a great QB and these great WRs, we can just long bomb our way into glory. Wrong.

The best game so far has been the Giants-Vikings game. I didn't see the bone head games with lots of mistakes like the previous games. Former Penn State RB Barley had a great game, as well as QB Jones that gained a lot of yards with his feet. The Giants go to Philly next week!

Yamaha Motif ES8, Alesis Ion, Prophet 5 Rev 3.2, 1979 Rhodes Mark 1 Suitcase 73 Piano, Arp Odyssey Md III, Roland R-70 Drum Machine, Digitech Vocalist Live Pro. Roland Boss Chorus Ensemble CE-1.

Wow Ravens 10-9 at half time. Another example of why favored teams don't like to play a team in their division for a 3rd time.

10 minutes ago, MikeT156 said:

Former Penn State RB Barley had a great game

Disagree with you there...oh he had two great TD scores and they were vital obviously, but otherwise didn't do much at all. Jones and the D were the key to this victory, esp holding Jefferson in check

2 minutes ago, MikeT156 said:

Wow Ravens 10-9 at half time. Another example of why favored teams don't like to play a team in their division for a 3rd time.

If the Bengals lose this they will be the laughingstock of the league. The depleted Ravens starting their third string QB and they can't win, then they didn't even deserve to be here in the first place. 

The Bengals aren't great by any stretch. Their pass protection is average at best. Defense is opportunistic. But, they have just enough playmakers in the run and pass game to put up points. They also have a very good head coach.

I wouldn't consider the Chiefs a flashy team. Their offense is high-powered and potent. I think they out-play and out-coach themselves at times. Their defense has gotten a tad better for an AFC team.

The Bills are over-hyped mainly because of their QB. But, the team is above average and solid in all phases of the game. 

League parity is such that true power teams are in our rearview mirror. IOW, no team will win multiple Super Bowls within the next 5 or more years. 😎

PD

1 hour ago, bill5 said:

Disagree with you there...oh he had two great TD scores and they were vital obviously, but otherwise didn't do much at all. Jones and the D were the key to this victory, esp holding Jefferson in check

Ha ha ha ha. So tell me Bill. what is YOUR definition of a great game? I had also mentioned Jones made a lot of yards for the Giants with his feet.