Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Official NFL 2022-2023 Thread

Superbowl Party plans at home or at a club?

Curious. I plan to stay home and try to get the game on the RADIO. I've seen some of the SB Parties ad Sports Bars and I can't justify the cost.

Plans for tonight?

Yamaha Motif ES8, Alesis Ion, Prophet 5 Rev 3.2, 1979 Rhodes Mark 1 Suitcase 73 Piano, Arp Odyssey Md III, Roland R-70 Drum Machine, Digitech Vocalist Live Pro. Roland Boss Chorus Ensemble CE-1.

On 2/10/2023 at 6:21 PM, bill5 said:

My fav team is now whoever plays Denver.  

Funny, I say a similar thing about Dallas. 😏

2 hours ago, MikeT156 said:

Plans for tonight?

Small (less than 10) SB party at our house today.

Philadelphia Eagles Sport GIF by Sealed With A GIF Dust Off Philadelphia Eagles GIF by SportsManias

dB

• Like 1

:snax:

:keys:==> David Bryce Music • Funky Young Monks <==:rawk:

Professional Affiliations: Royer LabsMusic Player Network

3 hours ago, MikeT156 said:

Superbowl Party plans at home or at a club?

Curious. I plan to stay home and try to get the game on the RADIO. I've seen some of the SB Parties ad Sports Bars and I can't justify the cost.

Plans for tonight?

I may drop into the club where I run a little karaoke and DJ. I'll know everyone there, and since I no longer drink cost will just be for food, which is reasonable. I'm looking forward to watching Rihanna as much as Mahomes and Hurts, and in this club I won't be alone. 

• Like 1

Rainy, cold, yeah I'm staying home. Although I was anyway, nothing really going on and frankly most SB parties I've gone to may have been fun party-wise but that's just it, it was an excuse for a party and half the people weren't paying attention anyway. I actually want to watch and focus on the game.

And to each their own but I went to a SB at a sports bar once, never again, too packed and people are too loud and obnoxious for me. Plus I can have better food and beer for far less cost at home and no waiting. :) 

• Like 2

I have a couple of friends coming over to watch the Super Bowl. We didn't end up doing themed eats, i.e., Kansas City barbeque or Philly cheesesteaks. 

1 minute ago, KenElevenShadows said:

We didn't end up doing themed eats, i.e, Kansas City barbeque or Philly cheesesteaks. 

Nor did we.  I don't wanna cook - I wanna watch the game.

We did have cheesesteaks yesterday though. 😋

dB

• Like 2

:snax:

:keys:==> David Bryce Music • Funky Young Monks <==:rawk:

Professional Affiliations: Royer LabsMusic Player Network

5 minutes ago, Dave Bryce said:

Nor did we.  I don't wanna cook - I wanna watch the game.

We did have cheesesteaks yesterday though. 😋

dB

I applaud that totally. Any day you have a cheesesteak is a good day.

• Love 1

4 hours ago, bill5 said:

Whose bright idea was it to have this so late in the day anyway?

I would think US time zones factor into it.

Super Bowl game too early and west coast football fans would still be eating breakfast. Pancakes and beer isn't a good combo.🤣

Getting closer to game time. Eagles have the better defense but I think the Chiefs will find a way to win.😎

• Like 1

PD

"The greatest thing you'll ever learn, is just to love and be loved in return."--E. Ahbez "Nature Boy"

27 minutes ago, ProfD said:

I would think US time zones factor into it.

Super Bowl game too early and west coast football fans would still be eating breakfast.

Late like this and parents are dealing with kids getting ready for bed while the game's going on. Something like 3 would make sense. Anyway

Looks like a shootout so far, neither team showing any D. 

26 minutes ago, bill5 said:

Good first half. Hope Mahomes is OK because it would suck for the Eagles to get a "free" SB

It doesn't look like the Eagles are winning a freebie Super Bowl.😁

The Chiefs defense cannot stop QB Jalen Hurts from running nor can they defend the deep pass. Tackling would help too. 

Eagles head coach Niick Sirianni earning his on 4th downs. He's out-gambling head coach Andy Reid and playing with house money right now.😎

• Like 1

PD

"The greatest thing you'll ever learn, is just to love and be loved in return."--E. Ahbez "Nature Boy"

We’re having a hard time here understanding why the Eagles receiver’s fumble and Chiefs recovery TD - shortly after 7pm AZ time - was overruled as a ‘not completed pass receive process’ by the Eagles receiver. Sure looked like a full completion (then hit-induced fumble) to us. What did I miss? Any insights?

'Someday, we'll look back on these days and laugh; likely a maniacal laugh from our padded cells, but a laugh nonetheless' - Mr. Boffo.

We need a barfing cat emoticon!

What a shame a good game ends on a BS ref call. Now we get to hear the talking heads wetting themselves about the greatness of Mahomes when in reality he had just a pretty good/not great game and they won in no small part due to a defensive TD and a long kick return which set up a ridiculously easy TD toss that any of us could have made.

yeah... that penalty at the end looked pretty tickytac, but the outcome probably wasn't affected.  Give it to Mahomes, he delivered when it mattered.  And Hurts's pass at the end.. what was that?  Zero pressure and he threw a brick.  All in all, a good game.

Some music I've recorded and played over the years with a few different bands

Tommy Rude Soundcloud

3 minutes ago, Dave Bryce said:

…but Philly’s D was not where they needed to be for the second half.  No pressure on Mahomes.

True dat. 

The Chiefs scored on every possession in the 2nd half. Two of those TDs were identical play calls. No way the Eagles defense was that confused. 

OTOH, QB Jalen Hurts scored 3 rushing TDs and threw 1 TD and had over 300 yards passing.

The Eagles seemed to convert every 3rd and 4th down possession. IOW, the Chiefs defense didn't play great either. 

The final score 38-35 tells the story. It was not a defensive battle. Still a good game. 😎

• Like 1

PD

My condolences, Dave. The Eagles played a very good game.

I think the KC mantra was, "No one believes in us. Let's show them how wrong they are." Maybe the Eagles' defense didn't play well enough, or maybe the Chiefs' offensive line rose to the challenge. The Eagles have the best offensive line in the league, so maybe Kansas City's defense wasn't so bad either.

Regardless, I agree that it was an offensive battle, and a very good one at that.

Best,

Geoff

• Like 1
  • Love 1

My Blue Someday appears on Apple Music | Spotify | YouTube | Amazon

This was a great Super Bowl! It was what we want a Championship game to be. Down to the wire. The Worse thing that could happen is a rout, and we didn't have to bare that tonight. I wanted Philly to win, but I thought that this game showcased what its all about. A lot of people that were not born here don't get it.

Yamaha Motif ES8, Alesis Ion, Prophet 5 Rev 3.2, 1979 Rhodes Mark 1 Suitcase 73 Piano, Arp Odyssey Md III, Roland R-70 Drum Machine, Digitech Vocalist Live Pro. Roland Boss Chorus Ensemble CE-1.

Great game, and a great gutsy win by Mahomes, who gutted it out and delivered.

Eagles look like they're gonna be around for a long time, though. They're damn good.

Met up with the fam, went to a comic book show and bought some comics dirt cheap, and munched on wings and other treats while watching an entertaining Superbowl.

We wondered if the Eagles might blow out the Chiefs, and it was kind of headed that way, until the Chiefs forced the Eagles to settle for FG attempts instead of TDs, for I think 2 consecutive drives.   So not awesome D, but sometimes the D just needs to do just enough to give your offense and special teams a chance.

We don't agree on the defensive holding call on the Eagles but I agree the penalty didn't matter that much.  Without the penalty, the Chiefs would have attempted the FG from around the 15 yd. line instead of around the 5 or whatever.  Because of the kneel downs to milk the clock, the FG attempt ended up around the 9 yd line after the penalty.