Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

I'm not dead yet

Sharkman

Monty Python fans will understand the title.  Anyways, after trying repeatedly to log in after the big change, and sending a number of emails that either never arrived or never got replied to, I decided to open a new account until my original one can be restored.

• Like 2
I rock; therefore, I am.

43 minutes ago, IamSharkman said:

Monty Python fans will understand the title.  Anyways, after trying repeatedly to log in after the big change, and sending a number of emails that either never arrived or never got replied to, I decided to open a new account until my original one can be restored.

Big Python fan here. :Python:

I can help if you need it.  PM me your old account info, and I can merge the accounts.

dB

• Like 2

:snax:

:keys:==> David Bryce Music • Funky Young Monks <==:rawk:

Professional Affiliations: Royer LabsMusic Player Network

• 2 weeks later...
16 hours ago, IamSharkman3 said:

I still cannot log in to this place, so I've had to use IamSharkman2 and IamSharkman3 as new accounts just to get on.  Why is this not working for me?  And am I going to have to keep making new accounts every time I want to visit here?

It seems we are not communicating well. :hider:

You keep creating new accounts, and I keep merging them with the old one.  My guess is that you see that and keep trying to use the old sign in credentials…but by merging the accounts, I’m taking the sign in credentials that are working for you with the new account and assigning them to the old account.   Does that makes sense?

Say the word, and I’ll merge your old account with this one.  

Once I do that, you should be able to access MPN using the password and email you used to create IAMSHARKMAN3 account…but you’ll see all your posts from all the accounts combined into the one account, which will use your original name.  

That will fix it.  If for some reason it doesn’t, you can PM me your phone number and I’ll walk you through it.  In the meantime, feel free to use the forum normally with the newest account - merging will combine all your posts.

One way or the other…we WILL make it work, dammit.  :hitt::cheers:

dB

• Like 1

16 hours ago, desertbluesman said:

I hope the mods get it fixed for you.

What mods?  Does this forum have an active moderator? :idk:

Brother BluesApe is listed, but I get the idea he just comes by to hang…looks like he hasn’t posted since last summer.  Myles Rose is still listed, but he hasn’t been here since 2019.  A String left when I rescued the place from the Future Publishing folks.  I believe he expected that this would become more of a money-making enterprise…but my goal was more to preserve the 20+ year old community and the history gathered here.  

The Future folks wanted to merge us with their Music Radar site - ugh. :pop:

I come to the guitar forum to learn more about my gear and the craft in general more than anything else.  When I see something that needs maintenance, I fix it….but that’s about it as far as mod duties here.  By and large I look at the guitar forum as your house.  Y’all seem comfortable here… 😎

If one (or more) of y’all wants the keys to the place, lemme know.  If not, it seems to be working okay for the time being, yes?  🤔

It might be fun to give the forum a more creative name, though. :duck:

dB

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Dave Bryce said:

What mods?  Does this forum have an active moderator? :idk:

Brother BluesApe is listed, but I get the idea he just comes by to hang…looks like he hasn’t posted since last summer.  Myles Rose is still listed, but he hasn’t been here since 2019.  A String left when I rescued the place from the Future Publishing folks.  I believe he expected that this would become more of a money-making enterprise…but my goal was more to preserve the 20+ year old community and the history gathered here.  

The Future folks wanted to merge us with their Music Radar site - ugh. :pop:

I come to the guitar forum to learn more about my gear and the craft in general more than anything else.  When I see something that needs maintenance, I fix it….but that’s about it as far as mod duties here.  By and large I look at the guitar forum as your house.  Y’all seem comfortable here… 😎

If one (or more) of y’all wants the keys to the place, lemme know.  If not, it seems to be working okay for the time being, yes?  🤔

It might be fun to give the forum a more creative name, though. :duck:

dB

+1 Dave, the BluesApe, Myles and Astring Mods disappeared on us seems like eons ago.  Thank heavens you came along and filled in the gap for us as far as keeping things alive.  I think the name of the forum is OK as it is but have no objection if some of us think it needs changing.  Thanks again for all you do!  😎👍

• Like 1
Take care, Larryz

I will come here whatever they call the forum. However Guitar forum is cool. Name change is no biggie to me, it is the participants that make the place excellent and with the new changes it is even cooler......

• Like 3

FWIW, I had no trouble logging in with my email and my regular Forum Password, once everything was fully up and running again after the, um, facelift.

• Like 2

"Monsters are real, and Ghosts are real too. They live inside us, and sometimes, they win." Stephen King

http://www.novparolo.com

https://thewinstonpsmithproject.bandcamp.com

• 1 month later...
On 2/13/2022 at 11:41 AM, Dave Bryce said:

A String left when I rescued the place from the Future Publishing folks.  I believe he expected that this would become more of a money-making enterprise…but my goal was more to preserve the 20+ year old community and the history gathered here.

Interesting choice of words.  
No, I left because you guys were giving yourselves money and expecting me to ring up business for you, with you taking the majority and me getting a small pittance.   As a guy that helped to keep this place running when everyone left, I thought I would be included.  Instead, you took the forums and used to to make money for yourself.  You screwed me over.  But hey, spin it how you like.  

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

6 hours ago, A String said:

No, I left because you guys were giving yourselves money and expecting me to ring up business for you, with you taking the majority and me getting a small pittance.   As a guy that helped to keep this place running when everyone left, I thought I would be included.  Instead, you took the forums and used to to make money for yourself.  You screwed me over.  But hey, spin it how you like.  

Not true, Craig.  Sorry.  I know you believe that, but it ain’t what happened.  

MPN didn’t start making any kind of $ until Kraft Music came on board, well after you left.  It still doesn’t make that much with one banner from advertiser - but that’s never been our primary goal here.

I struggled to find ways for the people who were here to make money.  I never expected to own this site - I was just trying to save the damn forums.   I had no idea how to rescue and run this site.  I can’t remember too many people making any decent suggestions or helping me to come up with any sort of plan….so I tried a few things, and made a few suggestions. Unfortunately, you took one of my suggestions completely the wrong way….then jumped down my throat about it, completely sure I was out to screw you over.  

Sadly, you misjudged the situation…and me, brother. :idk: 

You WEREN’T excluded,  I simply had no idea what I was doing.  I was trying to figure it out while working my five other jobs and recovering from a couple surgeries.   Had you treated me with a bit less suspicion, things would probably not have gone south.

You put a ton of effort into this place. You were the only other moderator who stuck with MPN besides me.  I wish you had been a bit more patient.

You’re more than welcome to return, if you’d like. The place has been fixed up quite nicely.  😎

dB

• Like 3

A String, I don't know what actually happened, and since it does not concern me, I am not going to insert myself into someone else's battle/disagreement.  But I always thought you were a good guy, and you probably still are, so I'd love to see you hanging around here again.

• Like 2
I rock; therefore, I am.

On 2/13/2022 at 11:41 AM, Dave Bryce said:

I come to the guitar forum to learn more about my gear and the craft in general more than anything else.

Just be careful what you read.  There's a lot of guitar myths that have been passed around forever as gospel.  Can't say I see that here, although I've seen it at many guitar discussion websites.