Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Does anyone still use the 'Ashby Solutions adapter' ???

Hi All,

As most of you know, I stopped making these things (the FC7X) a few years ago. I see threads on here about them from time to time, though.

I was cleaning up my shop, and I came across some parts that I would use to make them. I'm thinking of making a small batch, and announcing them only here, and to past customers. The emphasis is on "small batch," because I don't know how many of them I can make with the parts I have, and I have no interest in buying a bunch of raw materials at this point. I stopped making them because I had a QC problem with a supplier and was not happy with their 'solution.' Every time I changed suppliers on pieces, it took 2-3 orders to figure out if the new part was equivalent, find out if it was still being made (vs. end-of-life only, available from some wholesaler). In the end, I often had to 'eat' a bunch of worthless parts.

So, is anyone interested in an FC7X -- same design as before? If so, send me a PM, or contact me at info@halfmoon-switch.com or bruce@wahler.us.

________

And on a related note: Ashby Solutions is no more; it has been informally closed for a couple of years, and I finally shut down the website in November (2021). That said, *Bruce Wahler* is still alive and well, and I am still making/selling a few items, mostly halfmoon switches. As such, the website is now http://halfmoon-switch.com: this used to send you to Ashby Solutions, but it's now the 'real' site. I'm happy to help you with older products you bought from Ashby Solutions. With COVID and all, the business has fallen off a bit, but will remain open for now.

You can also reach me at bw@wahler.us or bruce@wahler.us. This will be true even if Halfmoon-Switch.com goes away at some point.

Regards,

-BW

--

Bruce Wahler

Halfmoon-Switch.com

http://halfmoon-switch.com

bw@wahler.us

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Glad you found some parts! I love my two Yamaha pedals and made my own TRS split cables but they look terrible: TRS male to RCA female L&R, to RCA male L&R to TRRS female, held together with heat shrink tubing. Did I say they look terrible? Although I am not a past customer, I could really use three FC7X adapters, two plus a spare.

You should get an email from me soon. Thanks.

Kurzweil PC4

I always just cut off the TRS plug and re-wire the tip/ring on a new plug. Then I label the bottom of the FC-7 with a silver sharpie. I have 3-4 spares like that.

~ vonnor

Gear:

Hardware: Nord Stage3, Korg Kronos 2, Novation Summit

Software: Cantabile 3, Halion Sonic 3 and assorted VST plug-ins.

Actually, I do that, too.

I always just cut off the TRS plug and re-wire the tip/ring on a new plug. Then I label the bottom of the FC-7 with a silver sharpie. I have 3-4 spares like that.

~ vonnor

Actually, I do the same thing for my gear. But there are a lot of players who either a) don't solder (or have friends that do); or b) have FC7s still under warranty. I used to sell 1-5 of them every week, back in the day. Enough to keep making them; not enough to mass-produce them and get away from the bench!

Regards,

-BW

--

Bruce Wahler

Halfmoon-Switch.com

http://halfmoon-switch.com

bw@wahler.us

Sadly, I lost mine on my recent UK tour. It wasn't in my bag when I got home. Back to the rat-shack kludge (two TRS-to-mono adapters with switched L&R leads) I was using before! I don't bring my own espression pedal on the road (I'd like it to last for more than a week!) and backline gives me FC7s for my Roland keyboard more than 50% of the time, so that adapter was super-handy, and much better for the visuals. I'll probably break out the soldering iron and wire up an extension TRS cable with switched T&R myself.