Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Not one Kronos SE or Titanium 61 for sale in the entire US?

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Like many others, you're in the center of an imperfect storm of supply chain issues slowing new things down mightily and at least a certain number of people buying used like mad while the proverbial getting is still good. Reverb prices have been jumping around lately, so the ripple effect is in play. Just keep looking and good luck with it. You're not missing anything except that golden moment when you land one.

There has also been a lot of buzz about what Korg's next workstation may be like. The Nautilus is classic trickle-down before the Next Big Thing. When that happens, you'll see a lot of Kronii pop out of storage and sell for nice prices. Its a classic game that's a mix of leap-frog and roulette.

As an adolescent I aspired to lasting fame, I craved factual certainty
 and I thirsted for a meaningful vision of human life- so I became a scientist.

This is like becoming an archbishop so you can meet girls.
      ~ Matt Cartmill

Like many others, you're in the center of an imperfect storm of supply chain issues slowing new things down mightily and at least a certain number of people buying used like mad while the proverbial getting is still good. Reverb prices have been jumping around lately, so the ripple effect is in play. Just keep looking and good luck with it. You're not missing anything except that golden moment when you land one.

There has also been a lot of buzz about what Korg's next workstation may be like. The Nautilus is classic trickle-down before the Next Big Thing. When that happens, you'll see a lot of Kronii pop out of storage and sell for nice prices. Its a classic game that's a mix of leap-frog and roulette.

Dave, I agree, but hadn't thought about it until your post. I have a V2-61 now, but thought I'd try to find a "newer one" and get red or "vanilla" :) while I do it. Mine's 2016 and I love it...worried about it going belly up with 5+ years on it and (I've heard) some parts not available anymore.

There are also no QSC K.2 powered speakers or parts to repair them. I had a K8.2 amp fail and the authorized service center told me that it would be April before they had the amp module from QSC-

-dj

iMac i7 13.5.2

Studio One 5.5.2

Nord Stage 3

Nord Wave 2

Nektar T4

Drawmer DL 241

Focusrite ISA Two

Focusrite Clarett 8 Pre

Its a hateful time-honored tradition to buy two or three of a thing in anticipation of a blowout. Electronic gear can be unnerving. I have two more Mac keyboards and three XKeys, not to mention a small library of backups. In the case of older Korgs, a failed display required the instrument to be upended and all of its other parts shifted aside to replace it. Not a design welcomed by techs.

Of course, some people actually enjoy wrestling with 42 Allen screws by reciting the mantra "billable hours, billable hours." :/

I'm also sorry that DJKeys has QSC woes. I used one of their amps years ago and it rocked hard. Waiting on parts makes you itch. :taz:

As an adolescent I aspired to lasting fame, I craved factual certainty
 and I thirsted for a meaningful vision of human life- so I became a scientist.

This is like becoming an archbishop so you can meet girls.
      ~ Matt Cartmill

I've looked over the last few days for a Kronos 61 SE or Titanium, and so far, have not been able to locate ONE in the US, new or used. Can't be true!? Are these like gold now? What might I be missing?

They actually have some on sale here in the Philippines, at a cheaper price than in the U.S. (because its on sale until the end of the month I think). Might still end up cheaper with shipping & all to there.

https://www.korg.ph/kronos

Raul

I've looked over the last few days for a Kronos 61 SE or Titanium, and so far, have not been able to locate ONE in the US, new or used. Can't be true!? Are these like gold now? What might I be missing?

They actually have some on sale here in the Philippines, at a cheaper price than in the U.S. (because its on sale until the end of the month I think). Might still end up cheaper with shipping & all to there.

https://www.korg.ph/kronos

Thanks, but they said the are not able to ship to the US and I needed to contact Korg here. pffft.