Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

YES!!! I'm bored!!!!

I'm so used to having kids to deal with that I'm going stir crazy in not having to break up a cat fight or drop what I'm doing to entertain them or take them to some type of function or cook meals or clean up messes................. WOW... I've even been cleaning the GARAGE today in between all of these posts I'm making. :eek: My kids are only 4 days gone into two weeks and 2 days of a vacation with the ex...

It would be nice to spend some quiet romantic time with someone special right about now, but..... sigh.... I don't even have the time to think about things like this with the kids buzzing around at 90 miles a minute.

I've got a number I can call, but I'm just not THAT ready yet.

Today has been very productive around the house as I've got some major chores done, and yet, I've blown better than half of the day on the boards here...

God.... what it would be like to be single and flying solo for a change again.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by Ani:

Oh Honey, you know I'm not a beer person... That'll be Brandy please... smooth

I have my grand kids with me this week, and then they will go next week to their father and the house will feel empty again, and my heart too, it's been going on for more than a year...... I now how you feel hang in there, time flys and you'll have them back soon.... :love:

Jesus Is Coming, Make Music, Get Ready!

Too bad you're working tonight Tedster, we could've headed over to that little dig on N. Oak to listen to some chic singing FEVER; have Flyscots skip over from Scotland and meet up with us. BTW, did you manage to take John down to Westport or the Plaza to show him what Kansas City was REALLY like?

It's late and it's bedtime, and I'm tired but not sleepy......... sigh. I must be missing my little rascals. :(

Oh yeah, John Scotsman and Jessi did get to Westport and the Plaza. And you're right...tonight is open mic at Kyle's. It's also open mic at The Peanut north...(on Antioch right behind Church's...or is it Popeye's...that chicken place, anyway). Doc Fuller leads the pack on that one...usually has a pretty good turnout.
"Cisco Kid, was a friend of mine"

It seems it's time for the kids to visit their daddies :D

I have been with little GUS at home for the last week and he will be with me one more week :love: ... then I'll have to send him back with that witch he calls "mom" :(

No pun intended :)

Músico, Productor, Ingeniero, Tecnólogo

Senior Product Manager, América Latina y Caribe - PreSonus

at Fender Musical Instruments Company

Instagram: guslozada

Facebook: Lozada - Música y Tecnología

www.guslozada.com

Hello Ani! :wave:

Still bored? Me too.... not much happening today but I have to stay home, someone is coming over to give all window frames fresh paint.

Booooooooring to just sit here, I have a ton of things to do, but not at home!

http://www.lexam.net/peter/carnut/man.gif

What do we want? Procrastination!

When do we want it? Later!

No pun taken!!!

Hope you enjoy your time with you child Gus.

Due to a massive black out in my neighborhood, we had to stay the night at a hotel. He IS enjoying the pool like crazy :cool:

Me? watching him swimming while I type this -and do some work- in my laptop enjoying WiFi connection at the pool area :)

Músico, Productor, Ingeniero, Tecnólogo

Senior Product Manager, América Latina y Caribe - PreSonus

at Fender Musical Instruments Company

Instagram: guslozada

Facebook: Lozada - Música y Tecnología

www.guslozada.com

Ani, I'm jealous. I would LOVE for my kids to spend a few whole days with their dad. I could get SO much done.

They are on the summer schedule now, one overnight per week, but now that they're teens, they have jobs and social lives. Dad's on the back burner this summer. Guess he should have spent more time with them when they were little. He might be a bigger priority for them now.

I've got a number I can call, but I'm just not THAT ready yet.

All together now per Tommy Tu Tone:

8-6-7-5-3-0-9

My daughter moves out in about a month and that makes us empty-nesters. Will be strange, but maybe I'll get the garage done too, along with the "studio".

(Eight six seven five threeeee oh niyiyiyine.)

Henry

He not busy being born

Is busy dyin'.

...Bob Dylan

Originally posted by kylen:

Kyles Tap Room, 6825 N. Oak Tfwy: 816-420-9099; Wed., open mic

hehe - I like the sound of that one Tedster & Ani :thu:

my kind of place... :D

You wouldn't be affiliated with the club in any way, would you?

Hey Ani, maybe you're getting a little bewildered by the lack of goings on. My recommendation is to put on some of your favorite music, have a nice glass of wine (or whatever your beverage of choice may be - oh yeah... brandy!), and enjoy life's quieter moments.

And THEN go and listen to that chic singing Fever. :D

Yesterday was a complete waste... I worked until 3:30, got home at 4:00.... didn't even stop by the pool on the way home like I should have to get my exercise in. Didn't really even bother to eat a REAL dinner, just snacks... and decided to have a glass of scotch mixed with black cherry soda.... by 6:15 I was feeling rather tired so I set my morning wake up alarm, but I also set an additional alarm to wake up to in 2 hours so that I didn't waste an entire evening crashing. Well the extra alarm went off once, I think, but I don't remember turning it off. I didn't wake up again until about 3:30 this morning, looked at the clock and said OH WELL and tucked back in for the duration of my regular alarm going off at 5:00

:bor::bor::bor:

God, my back hurts from being lazy yesterday.... :freak: Don't want to do THAT again.

Mats, don't let them guys stand you up again... no shows really peeve me off too. The AC company pulled that crap on me 3 times. In the end, for them, in hacking me off they are paying for it in the long run. They still have not got thier final payment until ALL customer satisfaction has been met. They had to remedy screw ups that I might have otherwise overlooked had they not tried treating me like a dumb blonde.

Cherri,

My ex takes them on vacation about once every two to three years. Usually when they get back home, there's hell to pay, they don't like their step mother at all. They are glad to see me, but the two of them are at each others throats for at least 3 days bickering about who did what and didn't do on the trip. Even on weekend visits over there, it's like that the first day the get back. I have to remind them that they are back home and tell them not to take their anxiety out on me.

And Doug... no male prostitutes for me. I could very easily strike up a relationship with an old flame that's been trying to get back together for over 6 years; 6'6", as handsome as they come, and very sexy... but... he took our time together for granted one too many times and I lost the spark. I could also accept the advances of a newcomer that's been showering me with attention, but, I'm taking my sweet time in getting to know him well before opening up to anything. At this point, I'm very apprehensive about anything more than just friends... I've seen a few red flags already. I love GETTING PHYSICAL, but, I want it to be someone special when I do... male prostitutes are not on the agenda.

Archived