Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Worst and best band names you ever performed under.

59 minutes ago, EscapeRocks said:

Worst/Cheesiest: Dave and the Griffinators:    High School band.  Mascot was The Griffins.

You were just ahead of your time. It would have been great when Harry Potter and Gryffindor hit - all you had to do was call the band the Griffynators. Instant fame, fortune, and groupies!

I once encountered a punk band amusingly named "Sheep F**kers From Neptune." They even had t-shirts for a while, although they were only popular with a limited crowd. 🤨 I enjoyed my skull-&-crossbones "Death To Disco" shirts, but the sheep enthusiasts were pushing several boundaries.

To be fair, a friend who printed t-shirts for a living gave a number of us beige shirts printed with dark brown cockroaches... each about five inches long. You could clear a path in a mall quite easily. You could almost HEAR people flinch. In retrospect, I think that shirt was worse than the punk entry. 😬:rocker:

• Love 1

An evangelist came to town who was so good,
 even Huck Finn was saved until Tuesday.
      ~ "Tom Sawyer"

Worst: Rock Wells      (Around 1966) My mother thought is sounded too much like the American nazi George Rockwell 😱

Best: Licorice Philosophy    (Around 1967) At least it wasn't Rock Wells.  😁    Over 4 decades later, I found there was another more successful band with the same name.  Someone named Ronnie Gent was a member.