Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Back in the dungeon/lab reworking my rig

Well, since I have adhd when it comes to my rig, I once again have reconfigured my keyboard stand.

With Gibraltar, all you need is a tube cutter, clamps, and imagination :)

I have removed the wheels. While an excellent feature, they do add just a bit of instability I didn't like, given physics. The true rubber feet make the stand rock solid.

I then cut down the vertical tubes so I can naturally get the top board as close to the bottom board as possible. When using my Roland A88MK2, I can get the top board to pretty much sit flat right on top.

I then added true T-Leg clamps so everything is square It is still just three pieces and I just loosen

two clamps for tear down.

XxKbwT.jpg

The new shorter chrome vertical tubes simply add stability for heavier boards that are cantilevered off the front.

Also, that chrome horizontal tube I use to make sure the stand is square when I set it up.

X4QikL.jpg

There is absolutely NO bounce or side to side sway with this stand configuration.

Here it is with my MODX7 and my brand new Roland RD-88 (more on that in another thread)

IZ3GLQ.png

Finally, for those gigs I will stand (festival shows), I have a set of vertical tubes cut to proper length that I can just slide into place. It also take just 5 minutes to slide the rack wheels back on for the "throw and go" festival shows.

David

Gig Rig:Depends on the day :thu:

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This is really dumb...I saw your MODX7 and the dark gray "7" and started typing "did yours rub off too?"

I had looked down the other day and got bummed that I had accidentally rubbed off the "7"...I even started thinking "that sucks if I ever want to sell it".....It really looks exactly like there used to be a blue "7" there and all you see now is the mark where it was!

I just did a google image search and there isn't any blue "7"....I feel simultaneously relieved and really stupid :)

Hey, Dave. Have you loaded up any zenology sounds into that RD88? Find anything good, useful, surprisingly amazing?

How are you liking the implementation of visual feedback from MainStage on the screen?

I literally came home from the store with it last night. I haven't' fired up my Roland Cloud account yet to play with Zenology, nor have I played with Mainstage yet.

Again, more on the RD88 later

Here it is with my MODX7 and my brand new Roland RD-88 (more on that in another thread)

I'm guessing that this might be why the MODX7 over MODX8 thread never showed up?

Well I got really busy with our 2021 "tour of Texas" :) Amarillo, Lubbock, Austin, Tomball, The Woodlands, and back home to Dallas all over the past few week.

I'll still write up how I used them together.

David

Well, since I have adhd when it comes to my rig, I once again have reconfigured my keyboard stand.

These builds are probably my favorite threads on KC!

Thank you!

Seriously, I really do have ADHD, and learning to focus on creative things keeps from from crawling out of my skin

David

I picture you at the top step of your dungeon, wringing your hands and saying "bwuhahahahaha, it's alive. ALIVE!" :)

M-Audio Hammer 88, Yamaha MODX6, Yamaha ReFace CP, Korg D1

MacBook Air 13" M1 (2021) Logic Pro X 10.5, Mainstage, Roland Cloud (Ultimate), U-He DIVA, Arturia V-8

JammSammich, Peoria, Illinois

Well I got really busy with our 2021 "tour of Texas" :) Amarillo, Lubbock, Austin, Tomball, The Woodlands, and back home to Dallas all over the past few week.

Shoot, you did? :(

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

Woodlands was a private show and not at the Dosey Doe or you would of course had an invite

David

Woodlands was a private show and not at the Dosey Doe or you would of course had an invite

Okay. What about Tomball? :D I guess you would have let me know about that too. I'm glad you guys are gigging and having fun. Hopefully we can see you soon.

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

Okay. What about Tomball? :D I guess you would have let me know about that too. I'm glad you guys are gigging and having fun. Hopefully we can see you soon.

Here's the deal....

I am geographically challenged in that part of Texas. I had not realized that Tomball is basically a northwestern suburb of Houston, until we left. We took back roads/highway from Round Rock (Austin) so I didn't do the math on exactly where I was in Tomball :)

David

You win the MRR for the roaring '20s! MRR = Most Rig Reconfigurations, LOL.

But seriously, that's really cool that you take the time and work on all these evolutionary and revolutionary changes. How does it feel changing up keyboards so frequently? I have been working from very similar keyboards and outboard gear for a long time, to the point that it is a "set it and forget it" except when I need to create new sounds and learn new music. I've had aspirations to add or change my rig, though I never carve out the right time to really do this. I can live vicariously through you!

Eric