Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

July 23 KC Virtual Forum hang

Unless you cats want to do it on the 30th, I'm just going to say let's have it Friday the 23rd. Reply below if you want me to change it.

Our prime slot is 6 pm Pacific. 6 pm Pacific appears to be 1 pm in Sydney so maybe those Done Over can join at that time as well.

We also will start things at 11 am Central (6 pm Rome, 5 pm London) as a time for our European friends and hopefully some of us in the U.S. will join early.

Instructions here

Reply in this thread to keep it bumped so people will see it! :rocker:

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, so the last two or three times I tried to connect once or twice at the "European" time and nobody was around.

And this time, on Friday 23, I should leave to attend a friend's concert. It's out of town, so presumably, I'll leave at around 6pm...

BUT this could be a good thing after all, because in all likehood, I'll come back home at late night, like 2am or later. And given I'm not totally knackered, I'll try to connect, hoping for some action this time! :)

I haven't been doing a great job of staying up to regular gigging hours during covid, and 6pm Pacific puts it at the very dangerous 9 o'clock hour for this aging thirtysomething on the east coast...

But I'm gonna try to catch all y'all. I have gigs and rehearsals happening again, after all!

Samuel B. Lupowitz

Musician. Songwriter. Food Enthusiast. Bad Pun Aficionado.

I haven't been doing a great job of staying up to regular gigging hours during covid, and 6pm Pacific puts it at the very dangerous 9 o'clock hour for this aging thirtysomething on the east coast...

Young people these days :D

Sounds great! Good to see the 11am Central time start. I should be able to drop in mid-later afternoon, here. Brother Moonglow is stopping by the house today in a couple hours, and we'll be digging into the Fantom 7 - especially the new, VTW engine. Will likely have some updates from that..

'Someday, we'll look back on these days and laugh; likely a maniacal laugh from our padded cells, but a laugh nonetheless' - Mr. Boffo.

We need a barfing cat emoticon!

I hope to see some of you today. I've missed you guys, am glad to be back, and will be broadcasting from the new house & studio. :thu:

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

A few of us are on now! Come hang.

to The Real MC, just wondering where in florida did you move to. I'm in Tequesta, next to Jupiter.

My new job is in Orlando. Hunting for a place to build a house. Way too many buyers on the market, existing houses are getting multiple bids and they sell within 1-2 days.

A really great hang. The environment was welcoming and fun. Thanks for organising Joe.

If only you had joined earlier in the discussion about a movie, something about dogs... became the running joke all night. All in good humor, respectful ribbing (ooooh did I just say that?).

As always had a great time at the hang!! Thanks Joe for coordinating!!
Montage 7, Mojo 61, PC-3, XK-3c Pro, Kronos 88, Hammond SK-1, Motif XF- 7, Hammond SK-2, Roland FR-1, FR-18, Hammond B3 - Blond, Hammond BV -Cherry

t was almost like you were there the whole night, dB. Right, guys?

I'm still trying to figure out how the subject came up. :laugh:

Man... I missed out again. Sounds like it was a great time. I'd planned to be there, but the 'home renovation from hell' pulled me in late Friday and barely let me go in time for Saturday's gigs. Pretty weird to be doing the thinking (and some of the work) of the company we hired :pop:. I'm not trained in the finer points of construction, but swear I could learn enough to be better than half these folks subbing at our house.

A slightly OT PSA. For any of you that live here in NW Indiana, have property here, or are planning to buy/move here: I can tell you who NOT to hire for any home construction work; just PM me. Worst. Contractor. Ever. :curse:

'Someday, we'll look back on these days and laugh; likely a maniacal laugh from our padded cells, but a laugh nonetheless' - Mr. Boffo.

We need a barfing cat emoticon!

Sorry, Allan, it would have been great to have you. Maybe next time. Best of luck with the reno.