Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Not OT, because it's me! :~P (and KC Virtual Hang?)

Did you miss me yet? To paraphrase Diamond Dave, I heard ya missed me, I'm back! :D

Sorry for the absence all, I hated not coming here all this time. KC is a daily driver for me and this community is very important to me. If you know me on FB, you know that we've been moving. We closed on this house on March 31, and moved in on June 30. Today was the bittersweet closing on the old house. All the time in between was either getting the new house ready to move in which included things like painting, plumbing, electrical, and more, being my own general contractor (I was going to type "GC" but thought the better of that!), and packing. We literally moved the last stuff late last night. These are long stories I can elaborate on if anyone cares.

Maybe no one cares about any of that. How's my post count doing? :eek:

One of the last things I did post here was that I wasn't going to be able to start any of our virtual hangs while this was going on. Well, I'd like to know if anyone wants to do one. I was hoping to post this earlier this week and possibly set one up for this week, but we might be better off shooting for next week. If people are starting to gig and stuff, maybe we should do it on a Thursday instead? I'm open to any possibility, this week, next week, Thursday, Friday, or you tell me.

Did I miss any important threads? :laugh:

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

KuruPrionz built a hammered dulcimer strung with the dried viscera of Russian hackers, featuring a pickup that fed some Strymon & Eventide processors. It sounds really wet. The bid to give it a MIDI Out failed, so no Kickstarter.

"Stay tuned for a new band: Out Of Sync."
     ~ "The Vet Life"

Welcome back Joe! I've been gone for awhile too, because ... everything.

Down for a virtual hang but of course now I'm starting to have gigs *and* rehearsals again... but I'll try to pop by anything that happens.

Samuel B. Lupowitz

Musician. Songwriter. Food Enthusiast. Bad Pun Aficionado.

Congrats on the new place, brother Joe! Pics? :idk::poke:

Thanks! I don't have good ones of the whole place because I didn't get a chance between the cleanup we did and moving in. We're moved in but not unpacked, so the place is a mess. However, you can see what it looks like generally from the listing photos, and I did get photos of the piano and organ in the new studio space when they were moved in. Those are attached.

2154.thumb.jpg.a1d3ff37d769c120eee4f96d24ab873e.jpg

2155.thumb.jpg.f2e9a788199fbf697d6b54b8476cb53e.jpg

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

Congrats on the new home!!

I am down for a hang pending the date. Gigs are beginning to come in on a regular basis, which is a good thing. Three this weekend. Ya!!

Montage 7, Mojo 61, PC-3, XK-3c Pro, Kronos 88, Hammond SK-1, Motif XF- 7, Hammond SK-2, Roland FR-1, FR-18, Hammond B3 - Blond, Hammond BV -Cherry

Sure, I'd be up for a hang! Like many of you, gigs have been coming in - including more students; but if we opened up the link as before (covering a couple days) I'd be certain to be there.

'Someday, we'll look back on these days and laugh; likely a maniacal laugh from our padded cells, but a laugh nonetheless' - Mr. Boffo.

We need a barfing cat emoticon!

Assuming I'm be able to connect and find someone to talk with, I'd love to say hi to you guys. (the last two or three times, nobody was around at the "European" scheduled time)

The next two or three days, I'll be militarized to put the final touches on a record I'm making; after that, I'll be more relaxed. Which day of the week, doesn't matter too much (no gigs at the moment).