Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

OT: Breakout performances

This thread kinda went in two directions, didn't it?

One of my favorite legendary "I've arrived" performances is Elton John at the Troubadour in 1970, though there's sadly only a few seconds of grainy film from that event. The 17-11-70 record is probably good enough of an approximation of that evening, and an event of its own, but I sure wish I could have seen that first run of trio shows in the US that made him a star.

Re: Alanis: I was a little young for Jagged Little Pill when it came out, but it was a big record for me in college. I had some solo arrangements worked up for "Hand in Pocket" and "Head Over Feet." And I always dug "You Oughta Know" -- Flea on bass and Dave Navarro on guitar on the studio version, if anyone didn't know that little bit of trivia.

Samuel B. Lupowitz

Musician. Songwriter. Food Enthusiast. Bad Pun Aficionado.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I loved Alanis when she came out the music was different and cool and she was gorgeous. I just picked up a bass gig and am playing You Oughta Know. Fun song to play. I have played it on keys before. Didn't follow her career after so I have no clue about any later albums or music.

Remember when B.B. King introduced her as Alanis Mossirette at the Grammys?

Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.

-Mark Twain