Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

VB3m vs Korg Module Organs?

I think the organs in Korg Module sound good. Does VB3m have less latency and better jazz 888 Chorus 3, Rotary stopped organ sound?

I know it has edit functionality. I don"t ever use anything beyond a basic Jimmy Smith 'Sermon' sound. I use iPhone 6

Find 675 of my jazz piano arrangements of standards for educational purposes and tutorials at www.Patreon.com/HarryLikas Harry was the Technical Editor of Mark Levine's "The Jazz Theory Book" and helped develop "The Jazz Piano Book."

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

personally, the big attraction for me with VB3 is the C/V. It is very close to a real B3; I've not heard anything (other than the Hammond XK5) that can touch it.

57 Hammond B3; 69 Hammond L100P; 68 Leslie 122; Kurzweil Forte7 & PC3; M-Audio Code 61; Voce V5+; Neo Vent; EV ELX112P; GSI Gemini & Burn

Delaware Dave

Exit93band

I installed VB3m on my iPhone 6 and it sounds great. Superior to the organs in Korg module. And maybe it"s my imagination but the lag time seems shorter. Could that be because it"s using physical modeling rather than bulkier samples? It does a great 888 Chorus3 Jazz Organ. Very gig worthy. In Korg Module I only use Scarbee EP 88 and Ivory Piano.

Find 675 of my jazz piano arrangements of standards for educational purposes and tutorials at www.Patreon.com/HarryLikas Harry was the Technical Editor of Mark Levine's "The Jazz Theory Book" and helped develop "The Jazz Piano Book."

I installed VB3m on my iPhone 6 and it sounds great. Superior to the organs in Korg module. And maybe it"s my imagination but the lag time seems shorter. Could that be because it"s using physical modeling rather than bulkier samples? It does a great 888 Chorus3 Jazz Organ. Very gig worthy. In Korg Module I only use Scarbee EP 88 and Ivory Piano.

I thought you'd given up on Module because of latency...?

Maybe this is the best place for a shameless plug! Our now not-so-new new video at https://youtu.be/3ZRC3b4p4EI is a 40 minute adaptation of T. S. Eliot's "Prufrock" - check it out! And hopefully I'll have something new here this year. ;-)

Could latency be less with vb3m modeling than Korg Module samples on my iPhone 6 and iPad?

Korg Module latency was bad with my Casio. It seems better with my Kawai ES110 and a new cable. love Scarbee. i still have take few minutes to adjust psychologically to a lack of snappiness. I seem able to accept it with Scarbee, but not so much with Ivory piano.

By the way, I also installed Garritan Abbey Road CFX on my Dell laptop and the full Scarbee 88. I enjoy playing those at home, but of course they are not as snappy as the internal sounds within my ES 110

Korg Module latency was bad with my Casio. It seems better with my Kawai ES110 and a new cable.

Good to know. And also reminds people that when someone says "app X is unusable because of latency," it could be related to other things, and that same app may be perfectly usable in some other environment, even for that same person (i.e. not just because someone else is less sensitive to some amount of latency).

Maybe this is the best place for a shameless plug! Our now not-so-new new video at https://youtu.be/3ZRC3b4p4EI is a 40 minute adaptation of T. S. Eliot's "Prufrock" - check it out! And hopefully I'll have something new here this year. ;-)

Audio developers are always trying to get the most out of the mobile hardware. And on iOS there are a lot of devices to cover - so typically on the App Store they will suggest minimum hardware, or they will code into the app to check what hardware it is running on and adjust latency and polyphony to keep audio from failing. There have been some significant jumps in CPU since the iPhone 6 (for the money an iPhone SE 2nd Generation to get an A13 Bionic chip) so keep your eye out for a trade up that is reasonable.

Yamaha CP88, Casio PX-560