Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Vote For Lee!

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by Deef:

This should be about music.

Deef

Yeah, but it's also about donuts. You know what they say: it's the donut business . And I noticed there is a band called The Donuts! I think they should get it, I mean how perfect is that!

For funzies, I've started going down the list (I never claimed to have a life).

Not easy to pick out anything based on the music. Wish I had image or maybe some payola or a close personal relationship to go on.

A few seem a little better than some others, but nothing is jumping out at me so far.

I've listened to twenty bands now. Still nothing jumping out at me. Judging from most of these songs, I don't understand how someone could knock another genre or band for sounding too much alike, plus the fact that at least Nickelback sounds more like 2004, whereas most of these bands sound like 1965, which was pretty much done to death in 1965, wasn't it?

Having voted for Lee, I now consider myself part of her constituency, and would like to know a little more about the woman who is 5' 3", the sole woman about whom the lead singer refuses to disclose additional information.

Lee: what isn't he telling us?! And hope you make it to the Big Apple.

:wave:

Dooby Dooby Doo

Listened to all 28 bands. Hmmm. That's a lot of garage rock, and that's just a small sampling. This scene must be pretty healthy, don't know why anyone would complain, unless one simply wanted to get as famous as The Strokes or The White Stripes or The Hives, and wasn't. If Clear Channel or malls or restaurants played nothing but this "real" rock, I'd get pretty sick of it pretty fast. Just my opinion. I don't think it "sucks" as a genre necessarily, just wouldn't want to listen to it all the time, and it's as samey as any other genre, if not more so.

But that's not what any of this is about, is it? It's a popularity contest. Btw, is anyone trying to stop this round of voting since the cheating has continued?

I must confess that I've listened randomly to some of the stuff on the site, and "What's the...." is by far the best thing there, with some freshness and a contemporary sense of the blues. All other stuff is damned old, and totally lacking that sense of humour that I really appreciate in Lee's music.

Therefore I decided to vote,...hehe, running the html routineb 6-7 hours now.... ;)

Guess the Amp

.... now it's finished...

Here it is!

I've been running the script for 13 hours now. i'll keep it running through the night too :) WHen I started there were 4371 votes...and now there's 5384.

:)

i think you're gonna win

----------------------

YES I am a lurker :)

----------------------

Lees scriptoid thingie has been running since my last post...

it has been cool to see the vote total break 3000 and now be close to 6000...

but even better, it has been great to see her total percentage creep from 25% to 28%! :D

cheers,

aeon

Go tell someone you love that you love them.

Lee, I am trying to run your script, but I am ont sure if it iws working, ... I have it open , ... as awell as the one it opens(link to the website).

any way to tell if I am helping out?

Kevin Nemrava

Originally posted by alfonso:

I must confess that I've listened randomly to some of the stuff on the site, and "What's the...." is by far the best thing there, with some freshness and a contemporary sense of the blues. All other stuff is damned old, and totally lacking that sense of humour that I really appreciate in Lee's music.

I'm going to go out on a limb and take a wild guess that the other bands and their friends would disagree.

I have been running all night... it seems the numbers are not changeing much, so I would guess taht the other band is doing the same thing.

SO to keep everything going full steam ahead, everyone KEEP running that script.

Kevin Nemrava

Archived