Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Your most interesting abandoned project

My "Parallella" dual core 600 MHz dual Arm Risc with decent Xilinx FPGA and connection adapter board (to 1/10 inch pitch pins) was a pretty cheap Kickstarter project I participated in. Actually it's still cheap after many years in comparison with other FPGA boards, there's a problem with the Usb on mine, though. Also, I needed a neat debounced supply on/off control and a disciplined turn off through shutdown regime to keep the SD card from sometimes messing up, so for prototype things and research (such FPGAs truly can be quite powerful) it is ok, but for a production machine, this board needed to be abandoned as well. I still don't know if the latest Vitis (Xilinx programming) tools with a more officially marketed Zynq board of more recent date will allow you to run a decent Linux ("Peta Linux") and allow the same fast access to the FPGA as the Parallella did allow.

Yeah, a thousand oscillators, I don't know, I've heard of similar experiments, and I got to say it is a bit predictable from electronics point of view what happens with them, it's not going to sound automatically like a great unison mode raises expectations!

TV

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic