Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Roland FA series vs. JV1080

When it comes to the JV1010, "practical control" for me was the ability to get my patches & combis set up at home, and not mess with them at the gig. I had no issues using a computer & patch editor. I agree that using software for editing is not as good as having physical controls in front of you, but if that's what you wanted you had plenty of Roland XP keyboards to choose from. The 1010 was designed specifically for the computer jockey at home, or the gigger who could get by without needing to adjust envelopes at the venue. And as you said, its low price and easy portability was a major selling point. BTW I've programmed JV1010 sysex strings in my A800 Pro and its predecessor the PCR-M80 â it's not fun. Not to mention that there aren't enough controls on these keyboards to make a full-fledged editor anyway. As far as Roland releasing a hardware controller that would work with a JV synth... good luck with that!

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic