Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Fixed! key doesn't work on my Casio PX-S3000

The D below middle C stopped working. First it was very loud compared to other keys, then no sound at all. Do you think I can repair this myself? Or am I going to have to take it somewhere, or worse â ship it somewhere?
These are only my opinions, not supported by any actual knowledge, experience, or expertise.

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Similar problem here. My 18 month old S-3000 had the E below middle C trigger at full volume, randomly. I"m friends with a Casio Sales rep and he helped arrange a no contact drop off to get it serviced.

Service will replace a .32 cent sensor which is shipping from Japan. Unsure of the time frame but I have a Yamaha P125 as a backup

Unfortunately I apparently failed to register the warranty thereby causing me to pay for labor. $60. ð

Thank you all for your replies. It's helpful. I probably failed to register my warranty too. Interesting that this is a problem for others. If it's a 32¢ sensor or dirt on the contact, doesn't seem like factory reset would do much. But that's easy enough to do and I don't have anything saved in the banks because that feature was never useful to me. I don't gig this board. It's my home board for working out parts, practicing tunes, etc. And of course I have 4 or 5 other boards. GAS, y'know. I'll have to consider my next move ...
These are only my opinions, not supported by any actual knowledge, experience, or expertise.

Assuming this is not a design flaw as on the PX-5S it could be dirt or dust in the contact bubble. Before opening it up turn the Keyboard upside down and work the Key rapidly to try to clear the contaminant. If this doesn't work try to blow it out with a compressed air canister. If this doesn't do it the Keyboard will have to be opened up. If still under warranty let Casio take care of it. Otherwise you could take it apart yourself or pay a tech to fix it.

The PX-5S has a similar problem which commonly only affects the velocity response on an A# note. This is because the A# is at the break point of one contact strip to the next strip. Over time the strip with A# moves and lifts slightly pushing against the next strip causing higher velocity sensitivity/double struck notes. This can be fixed by opening the Keyboard, cutting a very small piece off the end of the strip, cleaning out any dust/dirt and gluing it down. This has happened on my PX-5S and has been a commonly reported problem. Casio is aware of this and should have fixed it on their new models assuming the Keyboard has any similarity in design.

https://www.casiomusicforums.com/index.php?/topic/12626-a5-acting-strange/

C3/122, M102A, Vox V301H, Farfisa Compact, Gibson G101, GEM P, RMI 300A, Piano Bass, Pianet , Prophet 5 rev. 2, Pro-One, Matrix 12, OB8, Korg MS20, Jupiter 6, Juno 60, PX-5S, Nord Stage 3 Compact

Before opening it up turn the Keyboard upside down and work the Key rapidly to try to clear the contaminant. If this doesn't work try to blow it out with a compressed air canister.
FIXED.

BIG THANKS to Shamanczarek. I turned it on its side, as I do to change batteries, turned it on and worked the keys. I could hear the D key working, but the G key started to play too loud. I worked the keys for a bit that way, then set the board down the right way and played around some more. All keys work the way they should. EZ fix - didn't have to get compressed air or open keyboard up or take it or ship it for repair. THANKS AGAIN.