Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Got my new PC4 - First impression

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I prefer the PC4 action... The TP100s seem to vary somewhat themselves, but in particular, the PC4 action is MUCH better than the TP100 as it was found on the Artis.

Maybe this is the best place for a shameless plug! Our now not-so-new new video at https://youtu.be/3ZRC3b4p4EI is a 40 minute adaptation of T. S. Eliot's "Prufrock" - check it out! And hopefully I'll have something new here this year. ;-)

I had mentioned looking for the preferred horns. Well, Wednesday at rehearsal I found a horn patch that had my bandmates taking notice and smiling.

678 Triumphant Horns

Very similar to the Chicago/ Earth Wind & Fire horn sound

Now I'm scouring the owner manual to see how to direct specific programs to the B outputs.

I've decided that I either need to do some serious tweaking on the Leslie sim, or send the KB3 sounds to an alternate input, bypass the Leslie, and use my Vent.

Running mono at rehearsal, the slow speed was OK, but the fast sounded more like a warble, then a Leslie. WAY too fast.

I know I could make the changes, but since I have the vent, I'd rather use it.

I'll be playing with that this weekend, as I'm having an "I Ain't Leaving The House" weekend.

"In the beginning, Adam had the blues, 'cause he was lonesome.

So God helped him and created woman.

Now everybody's got the blues."

Willie Dixon

The PC4 is bad @ss. Looking for that 76 key and understanding its keybed. For me the new keybed on the 76 is the wildcard.

You got it. Does it feel like an FA-06, a Nord Electro 61, an MODX6, Kronos 61 or Montage 6.

Question of the season for me.

Yamaha CP88, Casio PX-560

Does anybody can compare the PC4 keybed with a NE5HP or in general Fatar TP100 keybed ?

Maurizio

I'd say the Medeli in the PC4 is a whole lot better than the TP100. Less noisy, much more comfortable and it also saves more weight.

I have only tried the TP100 in an Artis though, so I don't know if it feels different in other keyboards.

I generally don't miss the TP40 in my old PC3X when I am playing the PC4, except maybe the aftertouch which works a lot better on the TP40.

Currently: Kurzweil PC4, PC3X & K2000.

Novation Mininova. Roland FA-06.

IK Multimedia SampleTank 4 & Syntronik.

Previously: Korg Trinity Plus. Roland XP-80. Yamaha EX-5.

Well, I ran into a bit of a snag. I Installed Sonar Producer 3 into my laptop, along with the controller and editor for the PC4. I connected using the USB cable.

The Kurzweil programs seemed to work for about 2 minutes, then it stopped communicating. When I go to Sonar, it is not finding the PC4 at all.

Windows sees it, but tells me there is a driver issue. I can't seem to find the driver to make it work with my laptop

I've gone to the Kurzweil website to look for drivers, and no luck.

So, does anyone have an idea where I can get the drivers I need?

Willie Dixon

During my lunch break, I moved it into the office, and connected to my other computer, also a Win10

Same issue

Rather difficult to use the controller features when it won't communicate

My first real frustration with it.

Willie Dixon