Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Binge sharing - what are you watching?

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I hate the 21st century.

Amen to that!

You guys better get used to it, because it ain't going away for another 80 years or so. ;):D

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

I hate the 21st century.

But it sure beats the 14th.

Civilization began with indoor plumbing, anesthesia and air conditioning. But we've entered a time when more people believe Earth is flat today than last century, there is lead in U.S. drinking water, invading and defacing the capitol is "patriotic", and people think wearing a mask during a pandemic is "sissy", among other things. We've moved backwards as a society since 2001.

Contrarily, though - I watched the first episode of _For All Mankind_. And then contrastingly watched the Space-X launch from a few days ago:

Men and women being suited up into spacesuits much more modern looking than the Apollo suits;

Scenes of their families outside come to see them off, as they get into electric cars to take them to the launch pad;

Sleek, modern gantry to the more post-Kubrick Dragon capsule;

Flat panel touch displays inside, 4 member crew, room to move around inside the capsule;

Booster returns to Earth and lands.

Elon is doing about the only thing that is "modern" in the 21st century, except it should have been happening 40 years ago.

/... and with a post about civilization I cross 5,000 posts?

Guitar Lessons in Augusta Georgia: www.chipmcdonald.com

Eccentric blog: https://chipmcdonaldblog.blogspot.com/

/ "big ass windbag" - Bruce Swedien