Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Logic Pro X 90-day free trial coming

Joe Muscara

Apple is going to offer a 90-day free trial of Logic Pro X "in the coming days." They've also extended the 30-day trial of Final Cut Pro X to 90-days as well. So if you were thinking about giving either of these apps a try (Mac users only, sorry), this would be a great time to do so. I'm a long time Logic Pro fan, but I've been avoiding FCP because of the GAS it will probably cause, and I don't have any real projects I would use it for. Yet. :D

https://9to5mac.com/2020/03/26/apple-logic-pro-final-cut-free-trials/

Apple's Logic Pro page - check this for the offer when it's available

Apple's page for the FCPX trial

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

not sure how they are going to restrict access after 90 days once its installed on your machine.

just like Reaper and Pro Tools, they will provide temporary licenses that will expire at the end of the trial period.

:nopity:

They've been doing the 30-day trial with FCPX for a while, I'm sure it's the same tech.

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

I'm pretty sure the way Adobe works is there's a sniffer installed with the application that sends licensing info back to the mother ship when the application is launched.

Really looking forward to trying out Logic! Long time GB user but haven't seen a practical reason to take the leap.

Here for the gear.

Oh wow. This could be interesting. I was once a Logic PC user. Eventually moved to Cubase. I'm in a weird situation right now where the desktop computer I use for music composition is in one state (with its e-licence key) and I'm in another. So I have my Macbook here with me so I am very interested to try this (again).

-Mike Martin

Casio

Mike Martin Photography Instagram Facebook

The Big Picture Photography Forum on Music Player Network

The opinions I post here are my own and do not represent the company I work for.

Ah, yes. eMagic Logic Platinum 5.5 for Mac/Win. Those were the days.

I was using Cubase v2.x through 5.1r. Gave SX a go for a bit.

Then Apple bought eMagic and made the jump to OSX version a free version for OS9 users. That's when I got on that train.

ProTools came later.

Yamaha CP88, Casio PX-560

Only OS 13.5 and up.

I"m still on 12.5 :(

What did you expect from Apple?

I'm using Macs and Apple products for almost 20 years and with the last ios and ipados update, one can use a mouse with the ipad. But only their Magic Mouse 2 is supported. Not the older Magic Mouse 1 which is about 5 years old although it is practically identical to the newer one. At the same time, every third party 5 dollar mouse will work. I am extremely pissed off how they make their own hardware so fast obsolete.

Hi there - a tip from me as a long time Mac/Logic user:

to those of you (like me) using OSX Sierra (12) or below:

Try logging in on another machine with OS HIgh Sierra or higher, OR make a small new partition/volume on your disk and install latest OS. THEN buy/download the app (Logic or Final Cut) from App store on that partition. You do not need to download, just get the confirmation that you have "bought" it....

THEN, on your Sierra or below partition, log in to App Store, try to download Logic/FCP - and you should get a message that gives you an option to download the latest compatible version (I'm stuck on 10.4.4 btw, latest Sierra-compatible).

DISCLAIMER: I have not tested this on this particular offering - BUT it worked when I needed an older version of Keynote. I "bought" it on a compatible machine, then went back to my old and got the possibility to download the latest compatible version. (Of course you need to use the SAME Apple ID when buying and downloading.)

Please correct me if I'm wrong - but if you're out of work anyway these days, give it a try and tell us how it went!

Apple is going to offer a 90-day free trial of Logic Pro X "in the coming days." They've also extended the 30-day trial of Final Cut Pro X to 90-days as well. So if you were thinking about giving either of these apps a try (Mac users only, sorry), this would be a great time to do so. I'm a long time Logic Pro fan, but I've been avoiding FCP because of the GAS it will probably cause, and I don't have any real projects I would use it for. Yet. :D

https://9to5mac.com/2020/03/26/apple-logic-pro-final-cut-free-trials/

Apple's Logic Pro page - check this for the offer when it's available

Apple's page for the FCPX trial

I'm in that same boat with no cost-justifying projects, but that 90-day Final Cut Pro X option is still very tempting :drool:

'Someday, we'll look back on these days and laugh; likely a maniacal laugh from our padded cells, but a laugh nonetheless' - Mr. Boffo.

We need a barfing cat emoticon!

I too migrated between various software. Loved MOTU and then Emagic in the MIDI days. Cubase and Logic in the DAW days. Now on Logic and Mainstage. There is synergy because you learn a trick in one and can use it in the other. Less learning curve means more actual music.

I'm a long time Logic Pro fan, but I've been avoiding FCP because of the GAS it will probably cause, and I don't have any real projects I would use it for.

You and me both. :D

Hi there - a tip from me as a long time Mac/Logic user:

to those of you (like me) using OSX Sierra (12) or below:

Try logging in on another machine with OS HIgh Sierra or higher, OR make a small new partition/volume on your disk and install latest OS. THEN buy/download the app (Logic or Final Cut) from App store on that partition. You do not need to download, just get the confirmation that you have "bought" it....

THEN, on your Sierra or below partition, log in to App Store, try to download Logic/FCP - and you should get a message that gives you an option to download the latest compatible version (I'm stuck on 10.4.4 btw, latest Sierra-compatible).

Cheers, will do.

Absolutely not! Screw progress! I want THIS Mac and THIS version of Logic to last forever! :taz: Even if the screenshot is real, so what? Its my neutrino-powered sci-fi studio as is. I'm an old hippiefied reprobate who would just fly an Iron Man suit into a building. I prefer using it as the best tape recorder & mixer in the world. Its a starship and I use it like an old Bee Gee racing plane. Hah.

However, if they update the EXS24 sampler, delete what I said. I love the thing as a solid player and depend on it a lot, but that GUI is a drunken blur when contrasted with almost everything else. Great, I just wanted a GUI update and now I have to buy a whole new computer. Is this where I go mad, buy a big'un with a nice SSD in it and go for Omnisphere? :crazy:

"Well, the 60s were fun, but now I'm payin' for it."
        ~ Stan Lee, "Ant-Man and the Wasp"