Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Roland Jupiter X(m)

• 3 months later...

I just ordered a Jupiter-Xm. Some pre and post-order rationalizations:

- My 5-year old daughter was pretty disappointed that I sold the MODX6, she liked playing with moving patches with sequences and rhythms, so I hope she will like the Jupiter 😀

- Very portable, battery powered, very good speakers

- Has very nice Jupiter/Juno sound that seem very hard for me to recreate on my Hydrasynth. I researched on the ASM Facebook and Ken admits the Roland filters are very specific and there are no corresponding filters on the Hydra.

- I like it's multitimbral and has a very good sequencer including a drum part and AI arpeggios which might come handy for experimenting with ideas which I can then transfer to Logic Pro (both MIDI and Audio are sent through USB on separate tracks if I understand correctly)

I don't like it's heavily menu-driven but I plan using it as a preset-machine. There seems to be a good software editor too.

I'll be waiting for 3 weeks for it to become available and I can cancel the order. Talk me in or out of it, if you like 😛

• Haha 2

Ah, don't second-guess yourself. Its a smart move. Some of you return instruments too quickly. This one has a classically fussy Roland GUI, but its not impenetrable. As a preset machine, its a very good VST in hardware form. Once you get a handle on just the first level of programming, the huge variety should pay off well. The list of things that includes a few RD pianos is sumptuous. Pretend the minikeys aren't there and treat it as a very complimentary partner for your Hydrasynth. The sequencing tools aren't shabby, either.

• Like 1

"I like that rapper with the bullet in his nose!"
 "Yeah, Bulletnose! One sneeze and the whole place goes up!"
       ~ "King of the Hill"

On 9/9/2022 at 7:37 AM, CyberGene said:

I just ordered a Jupiter-Xm. Some pre and post-order rationalizations:

- My 5-year old daughter was pretty disappointed that I sold the MODX6, she liked playing with moving patches with sequences and rhythms, so I hope she will like the Jupiter 😀

- Very portable, battery powered, very good speakers

- Has very nice Jupiter/Juno sound that seem very hard for me to recreate on my Hydrasynth. I researched on the ASM Facebook and Ken admits the Roland filters are very specific and there are no corresponding filters on the Hydra.

- I like it's multitimbral and has a very good sequencer including a drum part and AI arpeggios which might come handy for experimenting with ideas which I can then transfer to Logic Pro (both MIDI and Audio are sent through USB on separate tracks if I understand correctly)

I don't like it's heavily menu-driven but I plan using it as a preset-machine. There seems to be a good software editor too.

I'll be waiting for 3 weeks for it to become available and I can cancel the order. Talk me in or out of it, if you like 😛

I have the XM for a couple of months now.  still going through the presets and set up roland cloud with the connect on my phone.  I have 13 synths and this one is a great addition to what I have.  It is very impressive.  hope you get yours quick cause I heard that there is a long wait for them. 

• Like 1

Very happy with my Jupiter Xm now, but still want a full size Jupiter X some day. The USB wireless connection makes a big difference when connecting to the cloud and downloading individual patches. The Xm is a great size to blend in with a DAWless setup and/or modular.

• Like 1

This post edited for speling.

My Sweetwater Gear Exchange Page