Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Originally posted by Base:

Originally posted by Rensonic:

Did y'all know that in Ancient Grece people used to talk with fake bad British accents? :D

er... they weren't fake, a lot of the main cast ARE British. We just really do sound that silly... :D
Brad Pitt? Eric Bana? Orlando Bloom? Those guys ain't British... are they?

And, just for the record, British accent's cool... :cool:

Who Put The ' M ' In MySpace?

don\'t_click | day_job

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by Apophis:

Originally posted by Gus Lozada:

Originally posted by Ken/Eleven Shadows:

(especially leaving the Greek gods out of it!)

How true!

And people must be aware that the TROJAN HORSE story comes at the Odissey, not at the Iliad... so it's a combination of both.

BTW, it's only an entertainer's vision of a classic poem. I liked it.

Actually wasn't it the Aeniad?
I'm not sure where the division between the two stories are. The Trojan Horse is sort of where the travels of Ulysses begin ("The Odyssey"), but is the end of "The Iliad"...anyone know where the exact division is?

Originally posted by Rensonic:

Brad Pitt? Eric Bana? Orlando Bloom? Those guys ain't British... are they?

And, just for the record, British accent's cool... :cool:

I think Orlando Bloom is! Sean Bean is from Sheffield, Brian Cox is Scottish and chap that plays Menalaus whose name escapes me I think is Irish....
Fa Fa FA Fa fa fa fa fa FA fa FA FA

Originally posted by Apophis:

Originally posted by Gus Lozada:

quote:

(especially leaving the Greek gods out of it!)
How true!

And people must be aware that the TROJAN HORSE story comes at the Odissey, not at the Iliad... so it's a combination of both.

BTW, it's only an entertainer's vision of a classic poem. I liked it.
Actually wasn't it the Aeniad?
I'm not sure where the division between the two stories are. The Trojan Horse is sort of where the travels of Ulysses begin ("The Odyssey"), but is the end of "The Iliad"...anyone know where the exact division is?

"The Iliad" ends right after Hector's body is recovered by Priam and the "peace" during the funeral.

Músico, Productor, Ingeniero, Tecnólogo

Senior Product Manager, América Latina y Caribe - PreSonus

at Fender Musical Instruments Company

Instagram: guslozada

Facebook: Lozada - Música y Tecnología

www.guslozada.com

The King wasn't Peter O'toole I don't think. And I thought that was a tearjerker of a scene with him and Brad Pitt. I'd say Best Supporting Actor, if only his other scenes were a little bit too Theater acting.

The battle scenes were ok, but lacked the heart and passion of Braveheart. CGI and it looked it.

But ya, it was enjoyable as long as you don't expect too much.

It mad me wanna see tthe 300 Spartans again though... :cool:

Raul

Saw Troy and to be honest I thought it was unintentionally funny more than anything else...

I mean....

*SPOILERS*

[uNINTENTIONALLY FUNNY 1]

Brad Pitt sleeping suddenly discovers that he has a knife held to his throat.

How do you disarm a woman holding a knife?

Hoist up her skirts and make sweet love to her.

Sure she's a virgin and guarding her virginity cos she's a priestess to Apollo, but hey I'm Brad Pitt - she won't put up much of a fight.

You'll see it on "Cops" some night - "Sergeant John Kaplowski disarms a knife weilding woman through the clever use of his buffedness and a police standard issue condom."

[uNINTENTIONALLY FUNNY 2]

There's a line that runs something like "There are 3 rules that I live my life by - love yourself, love your woman and love Greece" or something.

I was thinking "You know Marge, I like my music loud, my beer cold and my homosexuals *flaaaming*."

[uNINTENTIONALLY FUNNY 3]

After they've wheeled the Trojan Horse inside the city I was busy shaking my head going "Not the old wooden horse of Troy trick... it's the oldest one in the book..."

The scene where the guys climb out of the horse as well had me in stitches too... "Why do I have to be the one who hides in the horses ass?"

[uNINTENTIONALLY FUNNY 4]

The Brad Pitt/Troy priestess apology scene.

"If I killed your cousin, dragged his dead body round town from the back of my car and slapped you around on the beach or anything... then I'm sorry."

*END SPOILERS*

And yes, I probably would have been kicking the back of your seat, throwing popcorn and yelling stuff like "Steve, if you're in here we're meeting up in Chachee's after 'kay?"

I'm not normally like that, but that's just what Troy did to me :D

Chris Griffin: Yo, did y'all check me when that hottie was all up in my Kool-Aid? Yeah, I was looking to break off a little somethin' somethin' but my crew gave me the 411 on that skank and she's all about the bling-bling.

Archived