Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Strange Nord A1 mod wheel problem

RudyS

It seems my Nord A1 mod wheel is broken. I couldn't get the morphs thingy to work properly. I recorded the midi data in logic and saw the mod wheel is only sending a maximum value of 48.

Strange thing is that is doesn't show any intermittent behaviour at all. It is perfectly repeating. Only problem is the maximum is 48. That doesn't seem like a broken pot, does it?

Rudy

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply
no it seems that the endpoint of the travelpoint is 48. You make a good point though, that would mean that the values should be divided over the full range... is that possible?

Rudy

Ok. I double checked. It indeed only send up until value 46. I did about 10 repeats. Also it shows really non-linear behaviour. Halfway the throw it reads value 10.

I double checked with another boards mod wheel that I indeed are reading the correct value, because that one did go to 127.

I actually don't know if the Nord always did this, but something is wrong for sure.

Rudy

Likely, it's a simple internal connect that has come loose.

Open it up, re-seat the connector for the mod & pitch wheel.

Little to No technical skill needed.

It's a little white plastic sleeve that goes over a three pin connector.

I've had this happen on a couple of Nords over the years.

Love this place. You guys helped me fix this before even Clavia could respond to my problem!

The connector did seem to have no problem btw. I unplugged it and re-seated it as you said Redkey, but I was afraid it might be a different problem. But it did work. Maybe those connectors are not completely tight or anything?

Thanks again Sven en Redkey

Rudy

Archived